Break Auto-size Section and Overflow to the Next Page

Lynnol

Has anyone used the "Break Auto-size Section and Overflow to the Next Page" feature before?

I have a section which is set to Autosize depending on a Variable Text X. This variable text X may contain many lines, and is always printed after a Detail line section of the form.

The problem is when this variable text gets above certain number of lines, the autosize section does not break as specified, and causing the next occurence of Detail line section to start printing and overlapping variable text. In the example below, Detail Line 2 may start printing and overlapping over where Variable Text X Line 2 is.

Idea Order of printing would be:
Detail Line 1 Text ...
Variable Text X Line 1 ....
Variable Text X Line 2 ....
Variable Text X Line 3 ....
Variable Text X Line 4 ....
Detail Line 2 Text ...
Variable Text X Line 1 ....
Variable Text X Line 2 ....
Variable Text X Line 3 ....
Variable Text X Line 4 ....

I thought I found the solution for one second when I used "Strip railing spaces" in the Variable Text Properties, as all the overlapping of text would disappear. However, I realize this change does not seem to save whenever the designer project file is re-opened. It seems like a bug...

Does anyone know how to get around this?

I am using version 3.2.20.7225

In the section that is set to auto-size, do you have multiple objects selected to be used for auto-sizing?

I'm running CformDesigner v3.2.21.7301 and use section auto-sizing with "Break auto-size section and overflow to next page". It all works correctly for me. It might be a bug that's been fixed. Have you considered upgrading?

Karen.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. The auto sizing is set on 1 text variable only.

We've only just implemented this version, it is unlikely that upgrading will be an option at this point.

But if it works in the later version, this suggests that it is likely to be a bug....

Does anyone experienced that the "Break auto-sized section ang overflow to next page" click button is disable?

How to enable? Thanks

You need to have "Auto Size using" enabled in the SIZE tab of the section properties.

Karen.

In the Section Properties Window, do this:

Click on the Tab called 'size'

Enable 'autosize using' and select a data item.

Then click on the 'Repagination' Tab and you will able to select the Break auto-size section settings.

Mark

Back