How to Publish BSSV?

b0rj

Hi List,

How do you publish BSSV in OMW? I'm getting an error "The selected artifact cannot be published." .... "Selected artifact failed to compile. Artifact cannot be selected to be published."

We are on E9, TS 8.98.

Thanks.

Turn on debug logging prior to attempting to check in the object, and then look for message 'Artifact failed to compile with error' in the log. The messages should indicate the cause of the compile failure. The problem might not be in your published business service, but in another business service which is referenced by your published service.

Which artifacts of a BSSv has to be published using setPublished method while doing c

Can anyone tell me Which artifacts of a BSSV has to be published using setPublished method while doing check in?

Whether manager.java file or any .jpr or any other file???

Thanks in advance

Regards / Gokul

Hello b0rj,
This happens when there are errors in the bssv (class) you are attempting to publish.
Reopen the bssv in jdeveloper and try to rebuild it, I would expect you'd have compilation errors.

Only published bssv's require to be setPublished.

Can anyone tell me Which artifacts of a BSSV has to be published using setPublished method while doing check in?

Whether manager.java file or any .jpr or any other file???

Thanks in advance

Regards / Gokul

Service which is named as JPxxxxx needs to be set as published

Chan

This error usually occurs when you have a error in the java class or when the java class hasn't in project root. Can you share screen shoot or project?

Regards.

I recently had this issue, turned out that I was trying to import a class that wasn't available to me. Once I removed the unused import statements from my published bssv, it allowed me to select my published method.

The Selected Artifact Cannot Be Published

Using jdeveloper 10g 10.1.3.4. Customer is trying to checkin a published BSSV but its failing with the following error:

ERROR
---------------
Published Artifact Validation: The selected artifact cannot be published. Error occurred while validating Business Service: oracle.e1.bssv.JPR01000.RI_AddressBookManager. Failed to create an output file from validation.

This issue is caused by an issue found in jDeveloper 10.3.1.4 and 10.1.3.5. During the install of jDeveloper the following folder is not created: <jdevinstall>\jde\jre\bin\ojvm. Within that directory is a JVM.dll that must reside in this directory.

Solution
1. Create a folder and name it 'ojvm' under C:\JDeveloper\jdk\jre\bin.
2. Copy the jvm.dll from C:\JDeveloper\jdk\jre\bin\client to C:\JDeveloper\jdk\jre\bin\ojvm (The path for jvm.dll should look like C:\JDeveloper\jdk\jre\bin\ojvm\jvm.dll)

When you checked the object in, did you select which method/class is the published one?

If you did, you'd find a record in F98603

Back