Creating new custom environment in 811/812 or 9.0

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Need to know the steps or guides for creating new custom environment in any latest jde releases like 811/812 or 9.0? Plz share the steps doc or guide paths

Thanks in Advance.

Well let's see, just on a quick search, we've got:

- Oracle Doc ID 847534.1 (link)
- 657110.1, to help with creating custom DBs
- at least 2 white papers from JDETips
- and various other requests of this type that can be found by searching this area of JDEList

Thanks a lot for the wonderful doc links, could you please share the white papers from JDETips which you mentioned in the post, secondly can I know why cant we Upgrade envs which are created via PLAN & why creating via Environment Director (P989400) Env's can be Upgraded?

Thanks.

JDEList is a subscription journal, so you won't be able to download these articles unless you already subscribe (Link to search for Custom Environment articles).

The links I gave you don't really mention it, but 2 white papers originally published for Xe in 2001 show the changes that need to be made to the Planner database so that the new custom environment can be upgraded, have ESUs applied to it, etc. They used to be on the JDE Knowledge Garden, and I believe made the transition to PeopleSoft's web site. However, since they were for Xe, I don't think papers that old made it to Oracle's MetaLink. If you are so inclined, try searching for OTI-01-0056 and OTI-01-0149. There was also a white paper created for 8.9 (OTI-03-0160), but I don't think that's relevant anymore.

Back