unbalanced direct deposit ach file

abcdanw

Where in JDE world(A8.1), do I set an option to generate
an unbalanced ach direct deposit file. Thanks.

Hmm, are you talking payroll, or are you talking accounts payable? I am assuming that you are talking payroll. I am not aware of any option to s pecify to generate an unbalanced ACH direct deposit file. Heck, I cannot say that I have even heard of the concept of an unbalanced ACH file. Co uld you please explain what you mean by that? The only thing I can think of is if the detail records did not total up to the total record in the ACH direct deposit, which would be pretty rare and would indicate me some kind of programming bug. It would be pretty hard, I think, for the prog ram to even know if there was generating an unbalanced file before it act ually generates the file data - would require two passes through the data , the first time to figure out if unbalanced, and the second time to gene rate. Is this something you specifically are trying to do, or are you tr ying to deal with some kind of direct deposit transmission error?

John Dickey
McCarthy Building Companies
St. Louis, MO 63124
314-919-2264
[email protected]

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of abcdanw
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:01 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: unbalanced direct deposit ach file

Where in JDE world(A8.1), do I set an option to generate
an unbalanced ach direct deposit file. Thanks.

Re: RE: unbalanced direct deposit ach file

My initial thoughts were the same as yours. I couldn't
think of a pr direct deposit ach file being out of balance. The request came from the bank, so it must be an advantage for the bank in some way. Thanks for your response.

We are on E1 so I'm not sure you'll have the same options, but we changed banks recently and had to do this also. For us, on the R07236 processing options, under Required Options, option #7, if left blank will create an unbalanced file. I hope that helps.
Pam

The request came from the bank? That is interesting. Perhaps you could go back to the bank and ask them to explain what they mean by wanting an unbalanced ACH file? Maybe they can point you to some ACH documentation that would explain what this is supposed to mean?
John Dickey

Back