Mailing Addresses

szmyd

szmyd

Well Known Member
We have several customers who have a mailing address that is different than their physical address. We ship product to the physical address, which is what we keep as the main address for the AB record. However, for the same customer, we need a track their mailing address for mailings, cards, etc. We've started using a new search type and linking it back to the customer through parent/child, but this still has it's challenges.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wouldn't the Who's Who functionality be used for this purpose?

Thanks,

Nichelle

On Behalf Of szmyd
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 11:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Mailing Addresses

We have several customers who have a mailing address that is different
than their physical address. We ship product to the physical address,
which is what we keep as the main address for the AB record. However,
for the same customer, we need a track their mailing address for
mailings, cards, etc. We've started using a new search type and linking
it back to the customer through parent/child, but this still has it's
challenges.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nicholas Szmyd JD Edwards World A9.1 AS/400 V5R4M5

Re: RE: Mailing Addresses

Actually, I missed an important part of this. We'd like to be able to run a report to extract the mailing addresses of all customers for mailings that we send out.

We could use a code to signify which record signifies a mailing address, but I was wondering what other solutions are possible.

We could use the Who's Who to track the mailing address, but we would still have the same problem in identifying which address are mailing and which ones are physical.

Thanks,

We haven't implemented this yet, but I'm thinking about it. I believe the built-in functionality, which seems awkward, I admit, is probably the best way to go.

Here's how I think it's supposed to work:
1. Set up separate Address Book records and Customer Master records for the bill-to and ship-to addresses.
2. In the Billing Instructions, in the Billing Address Type field, choose 'S' for the ship-to and 'B' for the bill-to.
3. Select a Related Address Code to use to establish the bill-to / ship-to relationship. Say you pick Related Address 4.
4. In the Billing Instructions for both records, choose Related Address Code 4.
5. In the Address Book records, Related Addresses (F9), establish the bill-to as related address number 4 for the ship-to, and vice-versa.
Then you've got all the data elements required to produce whatever reporting you need.

Food for thought anyway.

Regards,

Nicholas,
If you open the fold on the Who's Who screen, you will see a Type Code field. Assign a type code to use to indicate Mailing Address. That way you will know what exact record is for Mailing Address, so identifying it would not be a problem. If you have a test environment, play around with using that type code field.
John Dickey

I'm interested in this discussion. I'm afraid I'm not following how the Who's Who helps. There is no address field in the F0111 file. It seems to put together the mailing address by concatenating the name from the Address Book, the name from the Who's Who, and the address from the Address Book.
Can you straighten me out?

RE: RE: Mailing Addresses

Look at g0111 opt 2. Here you can put multi addresses per addr book
number and designate the type of address it is.

Thanks,

Nichelle

On Behalf Of curryj
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:28 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: RE: Mailing Addresses

I'm interested in this discussion. I'm afraid I'm not following how the
Who's Who helps. There is no address field in the F0111 file. It seems
to put together the mailing address by concatenating the name from the
Address Book, the name from the Who's Who, and the address from the
Address Book.
Can you straighten me out?

Jon Curry Director of IT Farmers Dairy Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
World A91 System i 520 V6R1

Re: RE: RE: Mailing Addresses

Thanks, Nichelle, that clears it up. I totally missed that somehow.
In our situation, the bill-to / ship-to functionality in the Billing Instructions might make more sense, because it has some utility in sales order entry, but this is going to be handy as well.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts. Thank you!

Nichelle, is that a new function in 9.1? I'm not seeing a G0111 in 7.3.

I believe it is...yet another reaason to upgrade!

Back