JDETrace

Hi Jeff, JDETrace won't display every line in the debug log. It weeds out a lot of the minutia on purpose so you can concentrate on the function calls and SQL statements. If you are seeing some "important" debug messages getting skipped, please provide an example.

thanks a lot,
Craig

Hi, Craig. I will try to demonstrate what I'm seeing with some images. This has happened to the last couple of debug logs I've tried to look at.

The first one shows a SELECT statement I'm trying to locate.

The second image shows the end of the section referenced by my search.

The third image shows the actual text file and where the referenced search results are located.

Note that the timestamp is 14:31:50, but the text in JDETrace is truncated after 14:31:49.

Attachments

• JDETrace1.jpg
    JDETrace1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 4
  • JDETrace2.jpg
    JDETrace2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 5
  • JDETrace3.jpg
    JDETrace3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 4
I have attached the file.

Attachments

• jdedebug_4912_121317.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Jeff, I'm able to find that SELECT. Are you using the latest version of the software (1.2.0.4)?

I am not. I apparently am using 1.1.0.1. I will update to the latest version and see if that fixes my problem. Thanks for the info.

Hi Craig, sorry if someone's already posted this, but it would be handy in JDETrace if you could press a button and write a big stamp into the debug trace. Something like "Pressed OK Here" etc. So you could see milestones etc in the trace.

Cheers
JohnO

Back