JDE Citrix serssions on dual-screen computer

Eric the Grey

Hello.

I've been trying to find a solution to this annoyance. I have a dual-screen setup in order to monitor or otherwise work with two dozen systems, and whenever I log into, or run reports in JD Edwards One World, many of the prompts (login, and interactive dialogs) come up in the very middle, split between the two monitors.

My JDE Solutions Explorer shows up on my primary screen just fine, secondary windows (Password admin, for example) tends to show up on the second screen, but prompts for addition information such as when I run reports (printer selection) comes up in the center.

I don't know if this is Citrix or JDE related. I put this question here, because I suspect it's citrix related (just a gut feeling, really).

So, after all that, my question is, is there a way to force them onto one screen?

cool.gif
Eric the Grey

Hi Eric,

this is a known citrix bug that was due to be fixed on the later clients versions.

You'll need to fix the screen size via a reg hack or in the ica client file as per below:

http://www.brianmadden.com/forums/t/30319.aspx

It's a work around for PS4/3 and metaframe clients, xenapp is supposed to have fixed but remains open. This is an annoyance as wyse sell dual screen thin clients..

Cheers,

/J

Thanks Joe,

Now how about the thing where whenever you maximize a screen it always moves to your primary monitor, no matter which monitor you put it on?

Hello again everyone.

First of all, thank you for your responses. I've taken some time to explore most of the options and here are the results:

joedavis: The reg hack from that link didn't appear to work (no change in behavior), and the other hack seems to be a server-side hack, which with me not being an admin, I cannot make use of. It could be in part due to the version of citrix we're using, I do not know which that is though.

klwong: I may try the program and see how that works. I'm going to read through the other thread and see what else may be offered first though. I don't like installing 3'rd party applications on company machines if I can avoid it.

It may well be that I'll just have to deal with it the way it is.

On the plus side, I had figured it was a citrix issue and not One World, and you guys have confirmed that.

Again, thanks for the pointers.

cool.gif
Eric the Grey

Back