BSFN not working Properly

cdeckard

I have a custom BSFN that has been working for years. I recently made a change locally in the test environment (after checking it out from Production), tested the BSFN and all is fine. I deployed the BSFN along with the application that calls the BSFN. The users were having problems, so I then checked it out from production and redeployed to test. The BSFN still fails. If I build the BSFN locally it works. Building a package and deploying to the Citrix server, the BSFN fails. What am I doing wrong?

You are going to have to provide more details, specifically you will need greatly expand on "the BSFN fails".

Sorry, by failing , I meant that it does not work in the same manner as it does on the fat client. Locally it works correctly, on the server it does not work as expected.

Hi

What change did you make thjs time round; any calls to BF's that maybe are client side only?

I made absolutely no changes. I restored the BSFN back to its original code. I build the BSFN locally and it works fine. I deploy the BSFN and it does not work like it does locally.

I would guess that you should check to see if the same version of C is being used for the local build as apposed to the citrix/apps server build. In the past I have run across problems that were related to differences in compiler versions....basically had to do with alignment.

One other possibility that happened to me years ago.
For some reason we never figured out, the actual source code of the BSFN was not getting updated in the deployment server, even thought checkin was successful.
Only way to find that out was because I got to the point of opening the code on each environment.
We had to copy it manually for that particular function. Go figure...
smile.gif

Just sharing, who knows.
smile.gif

Try and isolate one citrix server from users. Then login into your JDE Test environment and do an advanceg GET from PD for that BSFN and application. Now run the application and check if it works as expected.

If it does work fine it would incicate you have either not replaced the specs in your test environment correctly or something to do with the package.

[ QUOTE ]
Try and isolate one citrix server from users. Then login into your JDE Test environment and do an advanceg GET from PD for that BSFN and application. Now run the application and check if it works as expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

That probably won't work. For one you would need to compile the BSFN and I don't believe a Citrix install has a compiler installed. Second, most Citrix environments have their BSFNs mapped to run on a batch server.

Thank you all for your help. The BSFN in question was corrupt. I created a new BSFN and Data Strucure, copied the specs over, compiled, deployed and all is working.

Thanks again!

cdeckard :
I want to know that if the BSFN must to build full package,and then deploy to other environmeng?

Back