I have problems

Scott Beebe

Reputable Poster
I am having an issue with an application. It doesn't work correctly and some times doesn't show the data right. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix?

I am using a business function that is returning bad values. I pass in the document number and amount and it returns funny numbers. Has anyone ever run into this? What is wrong with it?

Here is my biggest problem. I have a standard JDE report that doesn't return any data. What am I doing wrong?

My last problem is that I need to write a table conversion and have never done it? I need to import data from a CSV file and I have never done it before. Can you tell me how to do it?

I hope I have given enough information so you can help me out.

Scott, you should read the articles by our E1 Development author--he's the
best!

Andy

Wow, way to much detail! Information overload! You need to be more concise like..."my UBE don't work, HELP"....then follow that post up 1 hour later with...."DON'T NOBODY KNOW, HELP".

I hope this helps.

Scott,

Maybe you need to consider Microsoft Dynamics? It 'solves' the issues of the world. And, like any marketing plea... "I thought of it".

(db)

Is this a serious post? First, what application? What data are you expecting, what is is showing? Do you have security over the data? What business function? How is it being called? Does it work on a fat client? A standard JDE report that doesn't return data? Processing Options? Data Selection? WHAT REPORT? Have you ever heard of documentation? I heard there may be some out there about writing table conversions... What version are you on? What database? What tools release? How do you expect help if you give no information?

Hi Scott,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much information. Please NO, NO more info, because I will be much more confused and doubt about your issue, than now.
tongue.gif

By the way:
[ QUOTE ]
I am having an issue with an application. It doesn't work correctly and some times doesn't show the data right. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix?

[/ QUOTE ]
- how to fix: have you tried the Hammer & Nail or Glue method? (I have some other suggestion, if you have already tried them)
tongue.gif

- application: UBE / APPL / SAP / Microsoft, Other?
tongue.gif

- etc.

[ QUOTE ]
I am using a business function that is returning bad values. I pass in the document number and amount and it returns funny numbers. Has anyone ever run into this? What is wrong with it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Great!
- please, let us time to focus to your issue in alpha state and figure out ourself, what is this BSFN, what are you pass, what are you expect, what are you get, why is it funny
- if the result is funny, then why aren't you happy
tongue.gif

- etc.

[ QUOTE ]
My last problem is that I need to write a table conversion and have never done it? I need to import data from a CSV file and I have never done it before. Can you tell me how to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I can tell it, but I can not write it
tongue.gif

But I can tell, if you lett me know, what kind of racket do you use to pass -table tennis, tennis are OK, but with squash I am not too experienced, as with baseball, cricket, golf. Does it require any rcaket at all, or is it a hand, foot, wolley, basket or water polo issue?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope, I have given all answers to help you out
tongue.gif

At last, I totally understand, that your release, SP/TS level, platform, confuguration (Fat, TS, Web, etc.) are very secret, so I do not want to know them.

So would you please, close this thread OR provide us with some more information?
I suggest the second way
cool.gif

Regards & Read you later,

Zoltán
P.S.: Larry, Peter, Adrian and others,
I miss your helps and comments
cool.gif

Hi Scott,

[ QUOTE ]
I have problems

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, sorry - we are many of us, who do has also.
tongue.gif

Ohhh, I missed and misunderstood this issue. Finally I figured out:
This is a "mind-reader recruiting", am I right?
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

By the way, I have and had also problems - but on JDE site, I was able to solve them with try and error method, reading the manulas, searching JDEList - and "sometimes" making an entry on JDE, PSFT, ORACLE (...?) support site. The other sites are personal.

Scott, please drop some more information - you are an "old" sailor on the deck of JDEList and many of us would like to help you. Thanks.

Regards,

Zoltán

Not sure if you post is meant to be satire, or a real need for help... but I have 10 minutes before packing up for the day. So here it goes:

In regards to your business function issue, I've seen something simular happen and it was corrected by having the CNC clear SQL packages from the enterprise server. Have you tried that?

For your standard JDE report, your should check your version data selection, and maybe read up documentation on the report's purpose, and how to run it. without knowing hte report id, I cannot provide further information.

As for Table Conversions, I don't use TC. You can import PC files into JD Edwards using business functions and RDA. I've found this approach much easier.

zoltan: yes, many of us do, but this jde-guy (attachment) must have the biggest problems of them all..
cool.gif

Attachments

• 153767-E810.jpg
    153767-E810.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 126
Scott - you are too funny -
For a minute there I thought someone sat down at your workstation! Like one of your kids?

Hey, I can't believe you called me old. I also can't believe that no one has been able to help me. I do have big problems.
confused.gif

I don't have time to read the manuals, review the logs, and search JDE list.

"I don't have time to read the manuals, review the logs, and search JDE list."

llallen1113: still don't know if it's satire?
wink.gif

Hi Omer,

Maybe you are the proper lister to help me out. Please.

I will send this post onto ALL JDEList Forum, to all JDEListers via JDEList Private message and personally to all JDEListers, who publicated her/his e-mail adress and of course to all daily newspapers.

I have a big issue. I want to add two numeric values into a third.

My problems are:
- I am out of paper and pencil
- I have never learned mathemathic
- I have never used Calculator as well as MS Excel or MS Calculator
- my hand-held calculator is out of battery
- on the other hand, I do not know this funny signs on the calculator

I hope, I provide you with all of information to help me out.

By the way, our voltage is out and at all, I haven't a computer.
Additional problems I have, please help:
- what is internet?
- what is neticet or netiquette?
- what are these funny signs on my mobile phone - are they alpha or numeric, icons or other?
- what is JDE, PSFT, Oracle at all - why do I have solve this problem at all, I hate it, but somebody asked it on an inter????w

Maybe, I will post my issue to Mr. J.D. Edwards too - hopefully you or he will reply.

Please, reply me via telegram (because my issue is urgent) - it still works on my site, not as lighting, heating. IT IS REALLY URGENT!!!!

...and I did not find the main switch. Brrr..

WAITING!!!! DESPERATEDLY!!!!

Zoltán

processor Z80, Memory 64 Kb (not mine memory - it is less), CPU 2 Mhz, Display 25x80 char, Monitor is CRT (not an LCD) - does it matter at all, when our voltage will be back?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After that, WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE, THAT ANYONE ON JDELiST will have time to READ you and/or to HELP you.

Please, post your issues to Oracle Support. This is the right target for YOU instead of JDEList. This community works otherwise, then you supposed.

Telegrams:
From son (Oxfod to London):
No money. Sonny.

From dad (London to Oxford):
Too sad. Dad.

Maybe, is it a reply for you???????????????

z

...by the way
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I can't believe you called me old.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, You haven't time, because you are the much more busy on JDEList, to notice, that "old" was between double quotes. On the other side, you registered on 03/04/14 06:08 PM and already you have 204 post here.

That's all.

z

JDEList, excuse me, I can not stop me on this.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ARE YOU KIDDING?
I really ask it, because I can not belive your reply at all.

z

Scott,

Sorry for the delay - here are some more 'fixes' for that set of problems you have.

* CTRL-Alt-Dlt
* Delete *.*
* Drop Table PRODDTA/F0902
* Drop Table PRODDTA/F4211
* Goldbond - rub it where you need it
* Reboot
* Check's in the mail
* Let me transfer you to a developer
* that's a functional question - we're dysfunctional
* put oil in it and try again
* That's a financial issue - Let the government figure it out
* is it plugged in?