Automate package build and deploy

Suresh P Kumar

Hi,

Need some process/procedure on how to automate the package build and deployment process

Regards.

Not sure who told you that you can automate the build and deploy process but as far as I am aware you cannot. There is a tool to automate deploys of a package that has been built but it is not a fully automated product so to speak and it only relates to the deploy process. You still have to tell it your package and when to deploy. You can find some info on it at www.everestsoftwareint.com

If anyone else knows of how to automate the build process, I would like to know about it!

May be "AutoPilot", I never try.
EVERYTIME, I check the package build results CAREFULLY before deployment, especially FULL package.

There's also PKGBUILD software, but just as loue said in a different message, you can automate the builds and the deploys, but someone still has to manually check everything before and after every step, or there maybe severe problems if a bad build was blindly deployed, or if the deploy screwed up something, etc...

I believe that the PackMan tool has email notification to inform the administrators whether each step build/deploy etc...has been successful. But you are right if there is an issue you gonna have to fix it yourself.

Back