JDE program call from outside JDE

cgraves

How can I call a JDE program (P03203) from outside of JDEdwards and make it work to display a screen of data?

If you are using a CLP then set your library list for normal JDE Processing and call the program with the parms along with the call of the program

If you are calling the JDE Program from a RPG program then do a streight ca ll from within the

RPG program.

--
Best Regards,

Weber Technologies, Inc.
Robert J. Rieck
[email protected] =C2=A0
[email protected] =C2=A0=C2=A0
Office/Residence (847) 838-3743
Cell=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2 =A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 (630) 421-0316

When I do that, I get a "software violation" screen. When I press enter
on that screen, I get the screen & data from P03203 but there are NO
literals on the screen(only data) and NO function keys work, so the
terminal is locked, and I have to go kill the job.

NOTE: I'm trying to call P03203 & pass a customer number...I'm passing
all five(5) parms...i.e.

&CUSTOMER, &COMPANY, &PGMID, &VERSION, '1'

Perhaps I have too many parms???

the parms look correct.

What other information is on the screen?

What programs are in the call stack?

that info will tell you where the program in failing within the code.

Then what ever the conditions are for that display should be analyised for change it accordingly

--
Best Regards,

Weber Technologies, Inc.
Robert J. Rieck
[email protected] =C2=A0
[email protected] =C2=A0=C2=A0
Office/Residence (847) 838-3743
Cell=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2 =A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 (630) 421-0316

No, it is not the parms.=C2=A0 When a person logs into JD Edwards menu syst em, that initial program does serveral things, including creating some obje cts in library QTEMP.=C2=A0 You are trying to run an interactive JDE progra m from outside JDE and that is just not going to work, as you have seen, un less you are willing to make sure you have replicated all the stuff done by the JDE initialization program.=C2=A0 You could create a new program that is not JDE but replicates the function of the program you are wanting to ru n, but that will be a good amount of work.=C2=A0 Another option may be a da ta warehouse, where users can access data as they wish without having to go through JDE.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Re: RE: JDE program call from outside JDE

[ QUOTE ]
Cgraves wrote:
When I do that, I get a "software violation" screen. When I press enter<br>on that screen, I get the screen & data from P03203 but there are NO<br>literals on the screen(only data) and NO function keys work, so the<br>terminal is locked, and I have to go kill the job.<br><br> NOTE: I'm trying to call P03203 & pass a customer number...I'm passing<br>all five(5) parms...i.e.<br><br>&CUSTOMER, &COMPANY, &PGMID, &VERSION, '1'<br><br>Perhaps I have too many parms???<br><br>

[/ QUOTE ]

If your library list is set up such that it can find the program and files from outside JDE, try putting it in a CLP, and just before calling P03203 in the CL, perform the following command:

CHGDTAARA VTTL@ value('X')

(When VTTL@ is blank, the software violation message is executed - menu program P00MENU normally loads it before calling the program...)

Regards,

Back