Save Location for E1 9.0

klwong

Legendary Poster
Maybe this is what I get for not reading the manual, and doing things as I always have ...

Has anyone else put together a Save Location in 9.0? I just tried to use mine, and started getting frustrated when it kept saying "unable to find data source." What do you mean "can't find data source for F9861?" It's right there in the OCM!

As it turns out, the Save Location is no longer a new custom environment definition, but only a path code definition. Did I miss something along the way (i.e. did this change occur previous to 9.0) or is it only in this release?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is what I get for not reading the manual, and doing things as I always have ...

Has anyone else put together a Save Location in 9.0? I just tried to use mine, and started getting frustrated when it kept saying "unable to find data source." What do you mean "can't find data source for F9861?" It's right there in the OCM!

As it turns out, the Save Location is no longer a new custom environment definition, but only a path code definition. Did I miss something along the way (i.e. did this change occur previous to 9.0) or is it only in this release?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has changed, I think to work with the new Business Accelerator (http://jeffstevenson.karamazovgroup.com/2009/09/enterpriseone-business-accelerator.html) fka Product Packaging which uses OMW Save.

Se Chapter 14 in http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E13780_01/jded/acrobat/E1_TOOLS898TOM-B0908.pdf

Ken,

we created a Save Location in 9.0 the same way we did in 8.9 (I think).

In Database (oracle)
1. Create Database tablespace SV900T
2. Create DB User/Schema SV900 - maps to SV900T as default tablespace
3. Set appropriate permissions, etc

In JDE
1. Create/Define Path Code SV900
2. Create Define Environment SV900
3. Create OCM Mappings for Env SV900

Works OK for us . . . unfortunately we didn't document what we did so I'm not sure what details I eft out.

Yeah, did everything pretty much as I always have in every version from Xe to 8.12. The difference was in the Object Management Configuration, in the area where you define the Save Location for a particular environment.

Normally, I put would put in the association like DV812 uses SV812 as the Save Location, with SV812 being the newly created environment.

The difference in 9.0 was that this didn't work. For the Save Location, I had to put in the Path Code, not the Environment. Then I could back up and restore objects to my Save Location.

The Tools Release is 8.98.1.4.1, though the documentation would suggest that this new behavior is across all of 8.98.x.

I forgot to thank Jeff for pointing me to the right place in the new manual.

I guess the lesson of this episode is that no matter how long you have been at this, you will still have to occassionally <font color="red">RTFM</font>.

We have created the save location in jde 9.2 for DV920. getting same error "can't find data source for F9861".

Referring to chapter 14 which Jef mentioned not helped to find solution.

Please suggest any other additional steps to perform.

Regards,
babu

I forgot to thank Jeff for pointing me to the right place in the new manual.

I guess the lesson of this episode is that no matter how long you have been at this, you will still have to occassionally <font color="red">RTFM</font>.

Hi Ken

We have created the save location in jde 9.2 for DV920. getting same error "can't find data source for F9861".

Referring to chapter 14 which Jef mentioned not helped to find solution.

Please suggest any other additional steps to perform.

Regards,
babu

Back