JDE Job Scheduler Alternative

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
I have reviewed several third party scheduler options mentioned in the threads here. They all seem to be very expensive 90-100k each. I have a client who is looking for something a bit cheaper. They are all Win/SQL. Has anyone tried OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)?

[ QUOTE ]
I have reviewed several third party scheduler options mentioned in the threads here. They all seem to be very expensive 90-100k each. I have a client who is looking for something a bit cheaper. They are all Win/SQL. Has anyone tried OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)?

[/ QUOTE ]

We use one of the expensive products - Tidal. It is VERY effective. It has extensive options for all kinds of different schedules and dependencies. It has become one of our critical applications just one notch below JDE.

- Gregg

We are currently using the TIDAL job scheduler. We are going to start including JDE jos. Is it possible to email the PDF output from a JDE job using the TIDAL job scheduler. We are able to do this on the ISERIES using create form and would like the same capabilty ising TIDAL. Is this possible???

[ QUOTE ]
We are currently using the TIDAL job scheduler. We are going to start including JDE jos. Is it possible to email the PDF output from a JDE job using the TIDAL job scheduler. We are able to do this on the ISERIES using create form and would like the same capabilty ising TIDAL. Is this possible???

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaemus,

No, that is not possible through Tidal. The closest you can come is email an error log, assuming the error log is always named the same and can be found in a consistent location. Tidal cannot reach into the printqueue and pick out a job to email.

You can set it up to email the status of a job (success or failure). You can set it up to email you or send out a text alert when a specific error condition occurs. I also have certain key jobs set up to ping my iphone if they fail rather than rely on my operations guys to call me. It freaks out my server operator guys when I call them at 2 am to tell them that there is a problem before they had a chance to notice it on their console and wake me up. What can I say, I'm a glutten for punishment..

- Gregg

I am at a site where we are using TIDAL as the job scheduler and we ARE able to email PDF and CSV attachments. This is an ERP 8.0 system.

It depends what version of JDE you are on and the kind of JDE adapter you are using for TIDAL. They have a JDE bridge used for ERP 8.0 and below and an XML based adapter too which I think will only work with 8.9 and above.

We are also using TIDAL to send the PDF output from our jobs to email recipients. We have TIDAL version 5.3 and OneWorld XE sp 23 as our ERP. We send the emails as an event that is triggered at the end of a successful job. The pdf / job name is captured in a variable, so TIDAL can pull the file directly from our PrintQueue and mail it.

As those above have mentioned, it may have a larger price tag, but it is amazingly diverse and flexible. We actually use it as our full Enterprise scheduler to run all jobs, OneWorld and other systems.

I am a big fan of ActiveBatch. It is quite a bit cheaper than Tidal. I have a windows only ActiveBatch template which in addition to exposing processing options and data selection, will also manage PDF output (i.e. email, copy, etc).

Tidal's integration with JDE may be a bit more platform agnostic, but it has been a while since I have seen its demo.

Back