Add Button in P4310 Missing

KKJ70

Well Known Member
Shortly after Go Live, the Add button in P4310 disappeared.

This was reported to our consultants and after quite some time, it reappeared, but only in PD environment. It is still missing and needed in PY & DV.

I am not looking for all the details on how to add it, just where to start.

Thank you!
~Kelli

I'd start with checking security, making sure that P4310 is defined in your role with Add capability. If it is not, the button will not appear on the screen.

[ QUOTE ]
Shortly after Go Live, the Add button in P4310 disappeared.

This was reported to our consultants and after quite some time, it reappeared, but only in PD environment. It is still missing and needed in PY & DV.

I am not looking for all the details on how to add it, just where to start.

Thank you!
~Kelli

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'd start with checking security, making sure that P4310 is defined in your role with Add capability. If it is not, the button will not appear on the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply.
I am setup in the sysadmin role group and can see everything .. just don't always know where to go look.
smile.gif
The Buyer role does not have the Add button as well.

In the User Profiles / Work withUser/Role Security, the Add column is set to Y for the Buyer role in object P4310.

Where else can I check?

Do you have any user overrides on the P4310 application? If you do, try deleting those. If it solves your problem, you can then recreate the overrides.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any user overrides on the P4310 application? If you do, try deleting those. If it solves your problem, you can then recreate the overrides.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the User Overrides for application P4310 and only found Grid Format overrides (GF).
Which type of override would affect the Add button?

~K

Make sure that the processing options for this program are same in PD,PY and DEV. Certain combinations of processing options could disable the ADD button.

Thanks,
Matt

GF overrides can definitely mess up a screen. It could also explain why you have the problem in only one environment.

[ QUOTE ]
GF overrides can definitely mess up a screen. It could also explain why you have the problem in only one environment.

[/ QUOTE ]

The grid format overrides are primarly where the user has customized the grid. I guess I don't understand how that could affect the ADD button.

They're not supposed to, but for some reason they tend to corrupt easily and cause unexplained visual issues on the screen.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The grid format overrides are primarily where the user has customized the grid. I guess I don't understand how that could affect the ADD button.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
They're not supposed to, but for some reason they tend to corrupt easily and cause unexplained visual issues on the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's great. Any suggestions on how to resolve?
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The grid format overrides are primarily where the user has customized the grid. I guess I don't understand how that could affect the ADD button.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, that's great. Any suggestions on how to resolve?
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Delete the custom grid format and see if it fixes the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Delete the customized grid in the application, or where it is stored, in the table?
Either way, would this have to be done for all users?

1. Run P98950 - User Overrides
2. On QBE Line, put "P4310" in application and "W4310G" in the form field (without double quotes).
3. Press Find button.
4. See if one of the affected users is listed in the User/Role column. If YES - delete that row, Else find the role the User belongs to and delete that row. If no such role exists on list then Delete the *PUBLIC role.
5. Press Close
6. Call user.
7. Tell User to logout of JDE
8. Tell User to login back in to JDE
9. Tell user to run purchase order entry (P4310)
10. Ask user if Add button back. If not, repeat entire process until *PUBLIC role is gone for W4310G.

From your post it is clear the ADD button functionality was present in all three environments at GO-LIVE. A possible scenario is at some time afterwards, a change (OMW project)that impacted P4310 - directly or indirectly - was advanced through DV, PY and into PD, perhaps without full testing. When the problem was spotted in PD, the consultant fixed it, but only in PD. Worth looking at documents and / or or asking your CNC guys for P4310 history.
You also don't say if your P4310 base object has any customisations directly applied - if your developers have directly modified P4310 they should have ring-fenced the changes using a process option.
You also don't say if you have tried using a standard JDE version in DV. My starting point in DV would be to use fast path BV, P4210, version ZJDE001. Does this version work as expected? If the ZJDE version works correctly in DV, the finger is pointed at the customised versions. Check the process options carefully and / or create a new version by copying the ZJDE version and apply your configuration to this new version. Try turning off any PO's that are obviously controlling customisations - your ZJDE version and directly derived copies should NOT have these PO's - so you will be running the vanilla code.
Thereafter, the next steps are obviously dependent on what information you have gleaned from the above.

Suggestions -
- In DV, advance get the specs of P4310 from PD (Without checking out the objects.)
- Try executing P4310 application in DV. Make sure that all the setups are same in both the environments that is, DV and PD.
- Check if Add button shows up in DV.

#2 - An extra check
Compare the DV and PD event rules using the visual ER compare tool of FDA.

Back