Package Builds

boesj

At my company, we seem to be having dificulty making a good package build to
deploy to the server. Can anyone relate to this? Any suggestions?

One World XE SP15
Oracle 8.1.6
SYnquest 6.4
OS400 v4r4
NT 4 sp 6.5

James Boes
System Application Analyst
Irwin Seating Company

James,

What kind of problems are you having? As we have similar environments, I may have run into the same problems (mostly DD problems, though.)

We, too, are having problems with our server builds. The problem we are having at this time is that it seems that communications between the deployment server and the AS/400 drop, and the deployment server never seems to get word that the AS/400 is done with the build. There is currently nothing running on the AS/400, related to the build, but the UBE on the deployment server is still running. When I look at the SVRBUILD.Log file, every minute there is an entry in the log that states "Checking build status on server." I should mention that this is a server only build.

From what I can tell, on the AS/400 side, everything built without errors (no FAILED file in the package library.)

I could use some help too.

Tell Scott Zuke I said "hello" :)

AS/400 V4R4
NT4 SP6a
SQL Server 7 SP3
World A7.3 Cume 10 with X3
OneWorld XE Base Cume 13
Citrix (on Windows 2000 server)

Steve Breitenbach
Anderson Development Company
Adrian, MI

Yes, we have not been able to build a full package in 2 months after
applying SP15. JDE Support has been slow and has not given many
options...could be vertex related...

OW XE SP15_006
OS400 V4R5 CO

Steve,

I also experienced the same problem as yourself. I then decided to reset the ES and resubmit the server package build. This helped. I also modified the timeout parameter in the jde.ini(DS - WinNT dir) from 60 to 120.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal
XE U1, SP14.2, Oracle 8.1.6.30, Sun Solaris 2.7, DS WinNT4 6a

James,

What kind of problems are you having? As we have similar environments, I may have run into the same problems (mostly DD problems, though.)

We, too, are having problems with our server builds. The problem we are having at this time is that it seems that communications between the deployment server and the AS/400 drop, and the deployment server never seems to get word that the AS/400 is done with the build. There is currently nothing running on the AS/400, related to the build, but the UBE on the deployment server is still running. When I look at the SVRBUILD.Log file, every minute there is an entry in the log that states "Checking build status on server." I should mention that this is a server only build.

From what I can tell, on the AS/400 side, everything built without errors (no FAILED file in the package library.)

Steve Breitenbach
Systems Administrator

AS/400 V4R4
NT4 SP6a
SQL Server 7 SP3
OneWorld XE Base Cume 13

Steve Breitenbach
Adrian, MI
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=13571

James,

you didn't state if the problem was with full or update packages or both. If update packages this is a known problem with SP15. Either upgrade to SP15.1 or just redeploy the last full package to the server (the full package will contain the update package changes).

Regards,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld B733.1, SP 11.3
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
SandBox: OneWorld XE SP15.1

I spoke to response line about it. As long as the server side went okay, the R9622 UBE can be killed.

Xe SP 15.1 CO on SQL 7
AS/400 Coexistant

James,

Steve Breitenbach
Systems Administrator

AS/400 V4R4
NT4 SP6a
SQL Server 7 SP3
OneWorld XE Base Cume 13

Steve Breitenbach
Adrian, MI
--------------------------
Visit the forum to view this thread at:
http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OW&Number=13571

C Ho
Intermediate Programmer/Analyst
Xe SP 15.1 AS/400 V4R3 coexistant
CO on SQL 7.0

I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I finally got a server build to go successfully, with no errors. Here's the long an short of it...

Before I left for Focus, I kicked off a client/server full package build. Of course, the server side hung up like I had stated earlier. Everything appeared to have worked ok, but I still like to have that PDF to tell me so. While in Denver, I spoke with someone from JDE OneWorld Technical Support, who told me not to do a client/server full package build. He told me to do them separately, which I kind of already knew, but tried it anyway.

When I got back to the office, I found out that my boss had changed the administrator password to the deployment server (which is what I use to sign onto the box.) When I first attempted to create a full server package, it ran for about 30 seconds and then gave me the PDF to say that it did not build. Long story short, I changed the password for the administrator back to the original password (did not reboot the machine), and reran the package build. Of course, it lost the communications, but everything looked like it worked properly. Yesterday (Wednesday), I rebooted the deployment server (hoping this would fix any password problems), and reran the build. Came in this morning to find the PDF stating that the Full Server Package built successfully WITH NO ERRORS Finally There may have been some problems with passwords and/or access rights (due to the password change) that may have been corrected with the reboot. Anyway... lesson learned... don't let the boss change the password on the deployment server (and I need to know what steps to take when I have to change the passwords.)

Things look bright again for me now. I'm going to press my luck and do a full package build (client and server... separately of course) for the production environment today and tomorrow, and hope I have the same success.

AS/400 V4R4
NT4 SP6a
SQL Server 7 SP3
OneWorld XE Base Cume 13

Steve Breitenbach
Adrian, MI

Don't give up on the Combo pavkage builds. I am Co-existant as well with
Central objects on my 400 and after some work my combo packages are working
great and save me time.

Don't let any one tell you it's not possible. That would be a cop out.

Dan

What kind of work did you do in order to get the combo client/server package build working?

Thanks.

C Ho
Intermediate Programmer/Analyst
Xe SP 15.1 AS/400 V4R3 coexistant
CO on SQL 7.0

What I remember is I had to determine how many DLL builds I could run
concurrently. On my single processor 720 I can run 2 at a time. Any more
and it takes over the processor. Second, I had to increase the timeout
settings on the local copy of the .ini file so it would not timout while
waiting on the 400 to finish. Try double the settings

The rest were just troubleshooting problems not related to the combo issue
itself.