Data Area X0028

bigfoot53

bigfoot53

Hello All,
can anyone tell me how to fix this error?
when we login to the env we get this error Message . . . . Data Area X0028 in *LIBL not found .
if i do a wrkdtaara and look for X0028 it isnt their either but if i logint out test env i dont get the error but if i look for the data area using the same command it isnt their either, i beleive this area is related to date and caused all of our production data to have incorrect dates. but everything runs well in the test env. and test is a copy of the prod env.
any help is greatly appriciated.

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Check Saverity 40 level messages in JOBLOG. May be Physical File, Logical F ile or RPG Programe Object is missing.
=C2=A0
Otherwise attach Joblog screen shots.
=C2=A0
Abhay.

At the start of each job/session this data area is copied into QTEMP, and you will see messages in the joblog to show it could not be found - because the job is looking for it in QTEMP - if not found it's copied there.

This is normal, but it sounds like the REAL data area cannot be found in your case.

Since it can be found in your test environment but not in production, maybe it's being secured and therefore not visible, or maybe it's in a library that is not in your library list.

Is this a new problem? In which case something must have changed, either security, library list, or someone deleted something...

Hi Tony,

I was curious whether you have a REAL X0028. The only ones I ever find are in QTEMP.

Thanks, Debi

Hi Debi,

Yes, we have one in the Data library.
I am not sure whether this is the standard library to have this though.
I know it is copied from somewhere at the start of each session.

It could be that you can't see it because of AS400 security.

Hope this helps.
Tony

Debi,

No there should not be one anywhere else on your system. The initial
program loading your signin should be creating this dtaara in QTEMP.

On your user profiles, what is the name of the initial program to call
and what library do you have defined?

Jim

Re: RE: Data Area X0028

I'm getting this same, level 40 error, when trying a DWV that I copied from an
EXISTING, WORKING one.
I do see the data area X0028 in qtemp, but apparently it's not at the job level.

The Job is J10211, a sales summary, based on F1011.
F1011 is a logical join of F0006/F0901.

When I add data selection to select by AN8, it gets the error.
When I remove the AN8 data selection, it functions.

Ideas?

Please AND Thanks
Gene

Jim Rubino/Tony Payne,

We use J98INIT & J98INITA so we're fine. We just don't have dtaara X0028 in any non-QTEMP lib. As you & a private Atlanta emailer stated, dtaara X0028 is created into QTEMP for each interactive job.

I'm wondering if Bruce's problem lies with his inlpgm and/or libl.

Thanks, Debi

Gene Piekarski,

While my A73C11 help text doesn't mention address book #s, it does state that financial reports are designed to print by company, BU report codes, account master rpt codes, BU, obj, & sub. The G10 reports use templates and FASTR would be used for customized ones. Perhaps address book numbers don't work as selection and/or sort criteria for the DWs on G10.

Debi

I tried this out of curiosity. I added the data selection by address book number, picked *VALUE as my selection criterion, and entered a couple of the address numbers that are assigned to business units in the F0006. It worked fine, giving me an income statement for just those business units.
I didn't change the sort / sequence.

TYVM for the independent test.

Before I dig further, I'm going to find out whether they REALLY need THIS rpt THIS way.

Thanks again.
Gene

Back