Closing Purchase Orders

jwilson

Some users have been entering receipts for the full amount & quantity but leaving the PO open. (using option 1 not option 7). The order has also been vouchered and paid.

Is there a way to close the original PO (set next status to 999) as I can't seem to update it anywhere?

The status of the purchase order line can be amended manually in the purchase order detail in P4310.

Thanks
Aidy

You could use the Purchase Order Print program - P43500 to move the
status to the 999 status. You would have to create a version of the
P43500 that would put the print on hold so it would not print and to a
print queue that no one would get to and release by mistake. Set the
processing option status to be a range that will only pick up the
order(s) that you want to move, like 400 to 400 or 402 to 402. You also
have to be sure that the order activity rules are setup for the Purchase
Order type and line type to allow you to move the status to the 999.
Let me know if you need anymore information or details on this.

We have had to do this a few times here for the same reason as you have
stated. We do not allow out users to go in and change statuses on the
detail lines once an order has been received in.

Jim

You, or someone, should be able to go in and close the order, either at the line level or at the PO level, in Purchase Order Inquiry/Maintenance.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Thanks for your replies.

I was hoping there was a processing option on Receive by PO (P4312) that would allow the subsequent close on re-entry when receipt existed but have tried most without success.

We also do not allow users to change the status directly (they have enough trouble as it is!) and it would defeat the approval process etc.

I couldn't find a menu option for Purchase Order Inquiry/Maintenance but I guess you mean P430301 Open Order Inquiry which does indeed set status to 999 on cancel (option 9).

I did find a Status code update on G43B13 (we are non-stock) but this doesn't allow setting to 999.

We appear to have several thousand of these transactions now so I think I will use SQL to update the Next status field on F4311.

However the auditors run a GRNI report on F0911 that looks at the reconciled code (GLRCND) on the P/O clearance account. I guess I can use SQL to update this as well, unless there is a better way?

I am sure you have done this, but have you checked/verified the processing options on the receipt program P4312 to ensure that the receiving statuses are set correctly for the version(s) that the users are using?

Yes I have tried various combinations of 400, 440 for processing options
Incoming Acceptable Next Status Codes:
3. Status Code 1
4. Status Code 2
5. Status Code 3

I know the Next Status is 400 on F43121 on both match types, and 440 on F4311.

Have you also looked at the order activity rules for the purchase order
type and line type to be sure the statuses you are trying to use and
more to are in the flow.

Jim

Re: RE: Closing Purchase Orders

Thanks Jim.

We had 400 with next 440, and 440 with next 999.
I have added in next alternatives 400 and 999 for 400 so will try that.

Back