ADP GL upload into JDE GL - Custom program?

hscheper

hscheper

We are in the process of converting to ADP payroll and we need to get the ADP GL information into JDE. Is there a standard upload program available or is this a custom job? Also any hints or tips would be appreciated!!

Thanks
Harry

General supports external data. You can programatically update F0911Z1 with the journal entries and then run a batch processor to validate the transactions and create live transactions in F0911 and F0011.

See the Batch Journal Entry Processing chapter of the 8.10 General Accounting V2 guide for how to process the journal entries once they are in F0911Z1.
There are four separate date columns available (Century, Month, Day and Year) so you do not have to deal with Julian dates. Also, the F0911Z1 table only requires minimal information. For example, you enter BU.OBJ.SUB and the batch processor retrieves AID (short ID).
If your ADP data are in (or can be converted to) Excel, you can probably import into the F0911Z1 grid. See the heading Add a Batch Journal Entry.
Let me know how else I can help.

I assume the ADP GL upload is a high level information upload. I can share with you our current process in Production in E-One 8.12. We use this method for other subsystem interfaces such as American Express expenses map and PeopleSoft T&E as well. It does not require Z file process, so no need to create a costume program. It is totally controlled by end users. Here are the three major components:

A) ADP GL interface program is able to create a JE output file in .CSV file format to meet JE upload requirement. ADP consultant is able to do the account mapping and system configuration for you.
B) Your accounting department needs to provide information to ADP on output file layout (column selection and order) and how to re-grouping ADP source data to general account number.
C) Once the ADP output file created, the accounting department then take the csv file upload it to E1 via interactive journal entry program (P0911) using E-One import file feature.

I hope this helps.

Back