AP Check Printing Solutions Needed

csalmi

I am currently using PayBase32 from Bottomline Technologies with Enterprise One version 8.10. I am having difficulties getting the interface to work in the thin client deployment, which is being tested for deployment later this year. I am looking for suggestions for alternate solutions whether they be new software or outsourcing check printing all together. Any suggestions?

Does anyone use the default check printing reports?

Chris,
I am not sure why you are using the 3rd party solution for check print. The std report works very nice and can be customized easily. I recently customized this for printing check with two detailed stubs on single page.

Thanks,
Chan

Chris,

We have been using the standard JDE cheque printing UBE combined with Create!form (a BottomLine Technologies Company/product) to deal with the formatting so that the information is printed in the right place for close to 10 years. We use Create!form for a number of other reports as well.

There were three main reasons that we did not use the base check reports. 1) How to handle the microline? 2) How to handle digital signatures on the checks and 3) How to control the printer drawers so attachment pages can be printed as part of the checks, but on plain paper instead of check stock? How did you address those?

Are you using the web client for EO? What kind of re-working/modification do you typically have to do with Create!Form for upgrades in the EO software?

We are using Formscape to print out checks. It is owned by BottomLine Technologies now. We have been using it for years and have no issues with it. We also use it for other reports.

Chris,

[ QUOTE ]
1) How to handle the microline?

[/ QUOTE ]

Create!form has facilities/products to handle MICR encoding. We have pre printed cheques that include the MICR line, so we don't need this capability.

[ QUOTE ]
2) How to handle digital signatures on the checks

[/ QUOTE ]

We have set up Create!form to add the signatures to the PDF of the chequeues.

[ QUOTE ]
3) How to control the printer drawers so attachment pages can be printed as part of the checks, but on plain paper instead of check stock?

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't print attachments on cheques. However, I remember this topic being discussed somewhere on JDEList not too long ago.

Chris,

[ QUOTE ]
Are you using the web client for EO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 8.11 only has the fat client for admin and devlopment.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of re-working/modification do you typically have to do with Create!Form for upgrades in the EO software?

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, when we have upgraded JDE, we also upgraded Create!form as the version we had did not support the new version of JDE. The vender (Create!form International / BottomLine Technologies) always recommend checking all the projects and set up. Sometimes there are some minor adjustments that need to be made. However during our last upgrade we actually engaged a Create!form International / BottomLine Technologies consultant to check this for us, as there was a major change in the way some things (I think it was the Create!stream to Director change - it has been a few years since we did this) were handled and though we had staff with the skills to do this, they didn't have the time within our upgrade timetable.

To add to what Peter mentioned, you can control the paper source (tray) for printing using a combination of page styles and tray source ... the page style lets you control for example that the last page (standard as the real check in JDE) prints from the check stock tray and overflow pages print from the plain paper tray ... we have done this for a number of customers. Peter covered the other couple of items which are also pretty straightforward to do with Create!form. For MICR printing, you would need to have the licence for teh Create!MICR product, but it is not too expensive.

I concur with everything already said. Just want to add my CAD 2cent - I have used both products (CreateForm! and FormScape).
I don't want to start a war, but I do prefer working with CreateForm!
a) It is more intuitive & user friendly, it has a very nice GUI, vs FormScape which is a script-based application.
b) Association with the input E1 pdf file, as well as using the objects from E1 pdf is straight forward - drag and drop.
c) Statements (code) creation is very similar with E1, where you just choose variables and values from predetermined (valid) lists, vs FormScape where the script branches havee a deep mathematical conotation (not as graphic).
I suggest you ask for both trial versions, and take them for a personal ride, and feel which one is closer to your preferences.

I think maybe you can turn to printing china where many such technical issues are listed and solved for help, sincerely wish that what i said do you a favor. printing china

I'm also using forumscape I recently customized this for printing check with two detailed stubs on single page. I have been using few years ago.

Back