Business Function to retrieve State/City/County from Vertex GeoCode

jpplaster

Is there a function within ERW that I can use to pass in the GeoCode from F03B11 or F0411 (TXA1 field), and retrieve the State, City, and County from the Geocoder Database? We're on 8.12. I've searched but cannot find anything. If not, is there any other way to systematically obtain this information from the GeoCode, within JDE?

The P4008 pertains only to the manual tax rates setup (if you are not using Vertex). We ARE using Vertex, however. I understand the GeoCode Database does not reside within the JDE Database. However I thought there would be either a simple business function (or some other method, that would allow us to populate a custom JDE table with the Geocode list) that would let us retrieve this data associated with a Geocode.

Hi. there is a program called Retrieve Geocode, used to test the connection to Vertex. You supply a City and State and Vertex returns a Geocode. I believe that the program works in reverse also. Give it a try. The FastPath is P73GEO.

Correction to my last post. The program you need to retrieve Geocodes by City/State is P05005. Should do exactly what you need. It does the opposite function of P73GEO.

You can assign GeoCodes Globally---
Run the Update Address Book GeoCodes program (R730101)
The system stores the GeoCode in the Tax Rate/Area field of either the F03012 or the F0401 tables; the system does not update the field if any of these are true:
• The customer master or supplier master does not have a tax explanation code of E, U, or S.
• An address book record crosses multiple tax jurisdictions.
• Inaccurate information for the address in order to find a GeoCode.
• The country code on the address does not match the codes that are set up in the constants for the United States and Canada.
• The state code on the address is incorrect.

The system generates a report that contains this summary information:
• Number of records updated.
• Number of multi-county invalid messages.
• Number of country code invalid messages. The code must match the value in the Vertex Q Series Constants.
• Number of state invalid messages.
• Number of tax explanation code invalid messages.

Note: F03012 and F0401 records must have a valid tax explanation code before you run the Update
Address Book GeoCodes program. In addition, UDC (73/ST) must contain all of the search types to be used by this program.

Thank you for the responses. Perhaps I should re-state my issue.

I understand how to assign each customer and vendor a GeoCode using the Global update program. I also understand how to retrieve a single GeoCode manually using the P73GEO program. Those are not the issues.

My issue is that, once I have a GeoCode, how can I, within a JDE UBE, retrieve the City, State, and County associated with that particular GeoCode? For example, if I'm preparing an A/P Transaction Report from the F0411, where each transaction has a GeoCode Assigned, what function can I use, or file can I join to, to retrieve the City, State, and County associated with that Geocode?

if there is not a business function to do this, Is there an easy way to get an extractable file of the Master GeoCode Listing, in either an excel or access format (or, a format which can be SQL'ed into a custom JDE table) - NOT PDF format - on which I can do a simple "Fetch-Single" in my UBE using the GEO-CODE?

Back