New install of TS8.97 - BPM Broker issues

radi8

Well Known Member
I am having some dev client configuration issues. Here is what I has changed on our system, and the issues we are having:

We just installed the TS8.97.2.2.CPU into PRODUCTION
I created and built a new full DEV package (PY)
After installing it on 2 machines that previously had the TS8.95 Dev package we started having the following issues:

Local Web Dev Features will not work. When trying to start local server, it states that no Web Dev feature loaded. I have to manually install the Web Dev from the deployment server.

In order to get the local web page to load, navigate menus, and open apps, I needed to do a full generation on client machine for it to work.

ER Debugger fails to start correctly, after it loads I get a BPM Broker failed to initialize error.

All of these issues seem to be related to the Web Dev side of the client installation.

I checked the P9623 (feature summary) and everything is setup according to the documentation. Although, there is nothing there about the BPM Broker installation (must be inferred with the WAS 6.0 installation).

I know enough about this to be dangerous and since we are a very small shop, would like to get a little push in the right direction. Any help is appreciated.

For the BPM broker issue I had to delete the BPM.jar file that was in E811\SYSTEM\CLASSES to get ER Debugger to work again on our clients.

1) Did you include the web dev feature in either that full package, or an update package with that full package as its parent?

2) You should not have to generate everything locally. You should see the client doing a Web JITI when the local HTML client comes up. I would check the local jas.log files to see if there are any errors.

3) With some releases, the BPM Broker software has been a problem. You can uninstall the BPM Broker through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel (and possibly reinstall it manually from the Deployment Server), and see if that helps.

I have tried all of these solutions, and none have panned out.
Curious, even after I installed the BPMBroker directly from the deployment server, i cannot see it in Add/Remove programs.

Is this a potential issue?

i also removed the bpm.jar file from the /system/classes folder as recommended, but still it generates errors.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
23 Feb 2009 08:57:48,282 [SEVERE] - [BPM] Cannot connected to the broker :java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
try to launch the broker java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
etc...
</pre><hr />

and other messages etc...
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
23 Feb 2009 08:57:51,515 [SEVERE] - [BPM] The connection <3140314_11fa36d5c24_-7fffrick/10_1_1_59> failed to stop: null java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.jdedwards.bpm.connector.BPMConnector.disconnect(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.bpm.connector.BPMConnector.finalize(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.runFinalize(J9VMInternals.java:346)
23 Feb 2009 11:19:36,292 [SEVERE] - [KERNEL] *ERROR* RemoteEnv: execute:COSE#1015 Connection closed by server. Please see Enterprise Server log for details: host LOCALHOST:6113(6113) SocID:1364 host:LOCALHOST:6113 user:RICK Env:pY811
23 Feb 2009 11:19:36,292 [WARN ] - [RUNTIME] *ERROR* CallObject@4ec44ec4: execute of [LeftJustifyUDCValue] failed! Unable to obtain an environment on LOCALHOST:6113 user:RICK Env:pY811
23 Feb 2009 11:19:37,214 [SEVERE] - [NET] *ERROR* JdeConnectionPool LOCALHOST:6113 JdeSocket error:Connection refused: connect
23 Feb 2009 11:19:37,214 [SEVERE] - [KERNEL] *ERROR* RemoteEnv: execute:COSE#1002 Connection failed: LOCALHOST:6113 host:LOCALHOST:6113 user:RICK Env:pY811
23 Feb 2009 11:19:37,214 [WARN ] - [RUNTIME] *ERROR* CallObject@4ec44ec4: execute of [LeftJustifyUDCValue] failed! Unable to obtain an environment on LOCALHOST:6113 user:RICK Env:pY811
23 Feb 2009 11:19:38,230 [SEVERE] - [NET] *ERROR* JdeConnectionPool LOCALHOST:6113 JdeSocket error:Connection refused: connect
23 Feb 2009 11:19:38,230 [SEVERE] - [KERNEL] *ERROR* RemoteEnv: execute:COSE#1002 Connection failed: LOCALHOST:6113 host:LOCALHOST:6113 user:RICK Env:pY811
23 Feb 2009 11:19:38,230 [SEVERE] - [JAS] No Secondary Data Source found from OCM for user RICK environment PY811 object B9800150 type BSFN
23 Feb 2009 11:19:38,230 [SEVERE] - [JAS] JASServiceException occured in the JDESignon.buildUserSession(): CallBusinessFunction LeftJustifyUDCValue Failed:Errors on JAS: Error Message: <Errors on JAS: >, Error list: :
mError: CO_1
mSubText:
mAlphaDescriptionTemplate: CallObject error. See JAS logs for more details: COSE#1002 Connection failed: LOCALHOST:6113
mGlossaryTextTemplate:
mErrorLevel: 1
mIdItem: -1
mFileName: null
mLineNumber: 0

Error Message: <Errors on JAS: >, Error list: :
mError: CO_1
mSubText:
mAlphaDescriptionTemplate: CallObject error. See JAS logs for more details: COSE#1002 Connection failed: LOCALHOST:6113
mGlossaryTextTemplate:
mErrorLevel: 1
mIdItem: -1
mFileName: null
mLineNumber: 0
</pre><hr />

The debugger then shuts down with the 3 message prompts stating that the Broker cannot be found, etc...

Any other advise on what to do?

For what it's worth, we've had the same issue with the ER Debugger since about Tools Release 8.96, and have never been able to get it working. If anyone else has run into this issue and found a way to get it working, your post would be most welcome!

Thank you.

I think we finally figured it out.

I was using snapshot to keep the old installation of the DEV environment, and the installation logs state that the BPM Will not be uninstalled when a snapshot is stored.

Remove the snapshot entries in the Registry (export and delete) will force the installer to ensure that the old BPM is uninstalled and then re-installed.

Also, be sure to remove the bpm.jar from the deployment server's systemcomp/classes folder. This is VERY important because if it is copied over then the debugger will fail. I was actually not removing this file, just renaming it as 'an_old_bpm.jar', but the debugger would still not work until this file was deleted en-total.

My debugger now works, as does the local Web Dev. I hope this may help others who have same issue.

Back