Version for a Report

shawndev

I created a custom report based on a SQL statement provided to me. I need to create a version with the following condition.

where an8 > 8500
and (actual ship date is equal to Blank <font color="red">OR </font> actual ship date is greater than date requested)
and ....

How to specify the above condition?

Thanks
Shawn
E810, SQL server, Windows 2000

You need to find a suitable business view to attach to the report. Then you have a few options to filter the data such as:
- Use Data selection (recommended)
- Use processing option and put the code to use the value to filter.

You need to find the right fields in business view to match the fields in your SQL.

Simple, as this type of question is answered to me about a week ago. Let's name your propositions.

A: an8 > 8500
B: actual ship date is equal to Blank
C: actual ship date is greater than date requested

You want something like:
Where A and (B or C)

Since you can't use parentheses in JDE data selection, you have to do it raw. Remember that 'and' clauses are processed before 'or' clauses. So the following should work:
Where A and B or A and C

Hope that helps.

IF an8 > 8500
and actual ship date is equal to Blank
or an8 > 8500
and actual ship date is greater than date requested

Section has correct business view. How do you add the specified condition to Version Data selection window? Is it possible??

I agree that we can use Use Data selection system function in initialize section. I'm little curious about this too.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.I know, I'm not an expert..
If you have a where condition like this

where condition 1
AND (condition 2 OR condition 3)
AND condition 4

The system function calls may looks like
Set User Selection(Condition 1 ,AND)
Set User Selection(Condition 2 ,OR)
Set User Selection(Condition 3 ,AND)
Set User Selection(Condition 4 ,AND)
The above calls equal to
where condition 1
AND condition 2
OR condition 3
AND condition 4.

is it wrong??

Thank you very much!!! It helps a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
Simple, as this type of question is answered to me about a week ago. Let's name your propositions.

A: an8 > 8500
B: actual ship date is equal to Blank
C: actual ship date is greater than date requested

You want something like:
Where A and (B or C)

Since you can't use parentheses in JDE data selection, you have to do it raw. Remember that 'and' clauses are processed before 'or' clauses. So the following should work:
Where A and B or A and C

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you turn on the selection append flag in the initialize section JDE will put prentices around the Set user Selection statements

Back