Defaulting delivery instructions for PO by supplier number

JdeBlues

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I have an interesting discovery and wonder if anyone could share some ideas on it.

We setup a supplier (search type V) in P4306 Purchasing Instructions, with hope that the delivery instructions line 1 and line 2 will be defaulted every time we enter a Purchase Order using the supplier. However it does not default the info. After some testing, we found out that the default will only work if :
1) setup for Purchasing Instructions is done with address number with search type "CD" for ship to
2) Purchase Order is entered using the "CD" address number and not the normal vendor number

Could anyone using this Purchasing Instructions program for defaulting, pls confirm if we really need to enter PO(s) using address number "CD" to enable the default to work?

We are on A7.3 World. Thanks in advance.

You can change this behaviour. On your purchasing instructions screen, select F20 for order defaults. A window will display showing which fields will default from the supplier purchasing instructions, and which will default from the ship-to purchasing instructions. I'm guessing yours are set for the Delivery Instructions to default from the Ship To purchasing instructions, so the system is ignoring what you have defined on the vendor's purchasing instructions.

Is the change in behavior an A9.1 feature as I don't see that ability in A7.3? On the PO Header Entry, P4310, I see you can set the defaults to update in the detail from the header but not where the header values come from originally and that is done with an F20. Also in the P4310 you can get to the Purchasing Instructions with the F2 Key but no place to set to default from the Vendor or Ship-to.

We no longer have our A7.3 environment, so I can't confirm this feature was there, but I think it was. The net change documentation doesn't mention any change in this functionality.
You go to the Supplier Master inquiry, push F13 to get to Purchasing Instructions, then push F20 to get to Order Defaults. You don't need to be in the P4310 at all.

I don't see the 'CD" search type requirement in my version of the code but I do see a processing option 7 that indicates that the Tax Area should be loaded from the Supplier or the Ship-to. Then in the code I see that that same decision is used to default other fields from the Supplier or the Ship-to record.

I see a modification where we attempt to only use 'V' search type records for the supplier but I don't see the code in the base source code (JDESRC Library).

Okay our version of P4306, Purchasing Instructions, does not have an F20 option so that must mean it is in fact an option specific to A9.1.

The F20 is new to A91. It was not in the A7.3 release, unless it was
after Cume 14. We still have our A7.3 Cume 14 environment and there is
not an F20 in the Purchase Instructions. In our A9.1 environment there
sure is. This new screen looks like this:

4306 Purchasing Instructions

: 40DFT Order Defaults
:
:
:
:
:
: Supplier Ship To Field Description
:
: X A6DEL1 Delivery Instructions. . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6DEL2 Delivery Instructions. . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6EXR2 Tax Expl Code 2. . . . . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6TXA2 Tax Area 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6FRTH Freight Handling Code. . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6ANCR Carrier Number . . . . . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6INMG Print Message. . . . . . . . . . . . .
. :
: X A6PRP5 Landed Cost Rule . . . . . . . . . . .
. :
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: F3=3DExit F6=3DUpdate F24=3DMore Keys
:
:
:

:.......................................................................
...:

F10=3DRestrictions F15=3DEDI Transaction Sets F20=3DPO Defaults
F24=3DMore Keys

Jim Rubino

Hello, thanks for your feedback, i believe the F20 is an enhancement to World as my current A7.3 does not have it. Thanks anyway.

Thank you, it is indeed specific for A9.1 but the question now is, whether there is any workaround available? I dont think my users would agree to duplicate a new address number with type "CD" just for defaulting delivery instructions. Sigh.

Re: RE: Defaulting delivery instructions for PO by supplier number

Thank you Jim, unfortunately in A7.3 we dont see such screen
frown.gif
And with the current economic situation, i dun foresee any possibility of upgrades for the company system in the near future.

Sorry about the bum steer. I took a closer look at the net change documentation and it seems like this functionality, like a great many other enhancements, was added in A8.1. I found in general that the changes that came with A8.1 were given less prominence in the upgrade process than the stuff that was new with A9.1.

Back