Work Center Report

Brian Randall

Hi All,

I'm using JDE Enterprise One, Version 8.12. Does anyone know if there is a report in JDE that will mimic the work center screen? The way information is displayed tree view style in work center is nice, but we'd like to produce a report that could look the same way. We've got a good idea of where the data is coming from, but can't seem to extract the data exactly like we see it on the work center screen. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

To the best of my limited knowledge, there is NOT a "nice" JDE rpt to do this.
Regrets.
Gene

Brian,

I don't know about a standard report/ube, but about 12 months ago I wrote some ER in a UBE to extract the expanded information from the work centre for specific messages and put it in a custom log. If you (or anyone else) are interested, I could post the ER.

[ QUOTE ]
If you (or anyone else) are interested, I could post the ER.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested (just about to start work on something like this), so yes, please!

Cheers,
Mark

Xe, Sun Solaris, Oracle

Peter,

If you wouldn't mind posting it, that would be great. I appreciate the offer.

Brian

Brian, Mark,

Well, it is not as easy as I first thought to extract the ER, I should have it posted by the end of the week. I'll also include some notes I put together in the process. So while I'm doing that (as I get time from my day job) here are some pointers.

Firstly I analysed the work centre application P012503 and logs of its operation.

I created a business view on all columns in the F01131M.

I used the business function F01131GetBriefMessage (B0200040).

When I do post the detail, remember that I was only after certain messages. You will have to work out how to make it suit all the messages in all the mail boxes.

<font color="red">Watch This Space!</font>

Brian, Mark, Carol,

Sorry about the delay, I have had other priorities.

I have attached the relevant ER from the UBE I created as well as some notes I produced.

Thinking about this, I realised that a Work Centre Report would benefit my Organisation. So I will do a lot of the work for you and post a Boomerang Package containing all the objects required. Anyone will be able to import it using Boomerang Lite available free from Everest Software International's website.

Attachments

• 143243-WorkCentre.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 761
[ QUOTE ]
I have attached the relevant ER from the UBE I created as well as some notes I produced.

[/ QUOTE ]

From a quick read, that looks really useful!

[ QUOTE ]
So I will do a lot of the work for you

[/ QUOTE ]

... and that sounds even more useful
wink.gif

Thanks,
Mark

Peter,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this and do the extra work. What you've attached is great information and I should be able to do something with it, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up with.

Brian

Brian, Mark, Carol,

Have any of you seen/used/have access to R013151 - Message Center Print. I just ran across this report. I'm not sure when it was added, which version of JDE. I'm fairly certain it wasn't in Xe. I attach an example from our test system.

Attachments

• 143432-R013151_PRB0002_D090224_T161329384.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 346
[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you seen/used/have access to R013151

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't, but now you've pointed me at it I've had a look. R013151 *does* exist on our Xe system (SP23_R1) but, having just run it in DV here, the Xe version looks rather more limited than the example which you've posted - it just says "multi level" against the top-level record, rather than working its way down the levels.

Ta for all the work - it's all helpful stuff!
Mark

Brian, Mark, Carol,

Sorry about the delay, though a Work Centre Report would benefit my Organisation, it is not a high priority. I am hoping to make it available late next week. So I haven't gorgotten about this.

I do have some further information relating to the ER I posted in this thread.

The BSVW V5501131 is a join bewteen F01131 and F01131M where F01131.ZMSERK = F01131M.ZMPSRK. Line 0922 has a fetch next on this BSVW and it is not clesr which columns are being returned to which variable. So here is the detail:

VA rpt_mnJDEMRootSerialNumbr_SERK <- F01131.ZZSERK
VA rpt_mnJDEM2ndSerialNumbr_SERK <- F01131M.ZMSERK

I hope this makes thing clearer.

Brian, Mark, Carol,

It is finally here. It is fairly basic and you are welcome to change it as you like. It basically provides the same information that is available in the Work Centre Application (P012503), with each level indented. The actual messages it reports are governed by the data selection in the version which is on the F01133 only. The default data selection is to report all users/mailboxes/messages for the day the report is run. Due to time constraints the ER is not annotated. However I am happy to answer any questions. I would also appreciate any comments.

The UBE RR55012503 uses the following standard (in 8.11 SP1) Business Views in addition to the custom Business View included in the Boomerang Package:

V01131A - Address Book - PPAT Mail Message Header
V031133A - Address Book - PPAT Message Distribution List

The attached zip file contains:

WorkCentreReport.txt - Containing these notes
WorkCentreReport_UNICODE.BG2 - Unicode Boomerang Package (tested 8.11 sp1 but not E9/E810, so there could potentially be some minor issues)
WorkCentreReport.BG1 - Non Unicode Boomerang Package for XE/ERP8 (tested)
Work Centre Processing Notes.doc - previously attached
Work_Centre ER.txt - previously attached
Work_Centre Note.txt - Additional information for an ER line

Each Boomerang Package includes:

UBE: R55012503 - Work Centre Report
UBE Version: R55012503|CUSTOM0001 - Work Centre report
Business View: V550113M - UOW-F01131M All Columns

Download Boomerang Lite, which is free, to install the Boomerang Package on your development Client from Everest Software International.

Attachments

• 144180-WorkCentre.zip
    171.4 KB · Views: 460
It also tested fine under E812.

Maybe this thread should be moved to Downloads, now that it has something to download? ;-)

Peter,

Thanks for doing this, it looks great! We'll probably make a few minor changes to it to do some things we want, but this is a tremendous time saver for me. I really appreciate the work you put into this.

Brian

Hi Peter
I don't know how to get this packages. I'm really interested in this development because i must create a report about job in work center

Best regards

SRecher,

The Boomerang package containing the report is attached to post #14 of this thread. You will need to download it and unzip it. Then you will need to download Boomerang Lite from http://www.everestsoftint.com/download.php. Use Boomerang Lite to import the file you downloaded and unzipped.

If you need any help with accessing or using Boomerang Lite contact Alex Pastuhov (JDEList user ID Alex_Pastuhov). He lurks around JDEList every now and then.

Back