Send Parameter to Error or Warning Message

Jose Ayram

Jose Ayram

Grettings,

I can send any parameters to customize a error o warning messages?

By example, i have the text "an error ocurred in Doc ###" and replace the sharp Strings to the number of the document

"an error ocurred in Doc 123"

You have to send the message using substitution variables. You have to use a DD item that has substitution variables defined and then pass the substitution values as parms.

Jacob

Hi Jose,

[ QUOTE ]
I can send any parameters to customize a error o warning messages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you state it or ask it?
cool.gif

You should know, that we can, because the vanila JDE applications deal with this feature.

There is know reason to type the technique of prerequisits and of the usage - you can find it in your Development Tools manual.

Search for: "Creating a Text Substitution Error Message"

Regards,

Zoltán

To use the standard JDE technique to make a "customized error message", you'll need to make a custom BSFN to pass the paramaters to the error message.
At our client, because of a known bug in the Tools release they use, we can't compile BSFNs.
But you can still look at the standard BSFN : B0800366 and use the data structure DE0800366 for your text substitution.
Good luck !

olivier

Hi Jose,

There is an old JDE Knowledge Garden White-Paper, which describe this technique much more better and detailed manner, than my XE manual.

You can find and download it from Oracle Support site.

Old JDE Knowledge Garden ID: ott-99-0067
Former PSFT Customer Connection Solution ID: 200783658
Current Doc ID: 626614.1

TITLE: Creating a Text Substitution Error Message

The techniqe is a bit complex, but following the white-paper instruction easy to accomplish.

Sorry, I do not attach this document, because I do not want violate the CopyRight laws.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back