Object Browser

Well, I didn't want to hijack the thread, but please also look at our OneAssist (commercial, with free trial) tool as well, if only to compare:

http://www.everestsoftint.com/index.asp?a=browse&p=OneAssist

it's been around for awhile and is quite a mature product now. It was originally developed by Brian Donovan-Smith, (who, it appears, has now left the JDE field) and has been acquired and somewhat improved by Everest Software International over the last few years...

Craig,

Excellent tool to have!!. Thanks for sharing. It does work fine on XP system and not working on the Vista machine. Any compatible issues with .msi/ .exe files?

Awesome
smile.gif

Craig, I've installed it on my 812 wkstn and nothing happens when I click Open on selected object - say P01012
crazy.gif

What am I missing?

Hi Adrian,

Spec browsing for apps and ubes is still under construction. Try a dstr, bsfn, bsvw, or tble. With tables/views you can query the data in a grid. With BSFNs you can fill in the parms and test locally or on a server.

BTW, are you using E1 Object Browser or JDE Object Browser?

Craig

The E1 Object Browser; do you have a guesstimate for UBEs and APPLs?
Thank you

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the delay in update. I gave a try with JDE Object Browser on my Vista system Yesterday. It worked fine!!.

BTW I had a look at the latest version. Simply excellent!! Really awesome effort to make the tool more user friendly and helpful. Thank you for sharing with us.

Just one thought!! I think the ER Dump export wasnt part of it as of now (if I dont miss some thing). Shall we expect it from you
smile.gif

Thank you

Hello all,

Just wanted to say thanks for the all the positive feedback. I have received a ton of emails from developers who find the tools useful. The JDE Object Browser has been updated to replace the E1 Object Browser. This tool works with all JDE versions and utilizes a more modern user interface. The data dictionary and UDC browser tools are a welcome addition.

Give it a try at:
http://www.patwel.com/downloads

More detailed product features are listed there.

Craig

Hi , i am jimmy ,very glad found this forum and also my pleasure. I also gave a try with JDE Object Browser on my Vista system . It worked fine!!.

BTW I had a look at the latest version. good performance, really awesome effort to make the tool more user friendly and helpful.

Hi all, good forum beautiful people share there ides .I'm guessing the problem you're having is registering E1Grid.ocx. When you get a chance, try downloading the updated msi and installing that one.

Back