Approach of Printing report in Formscape

KGS

Hi,

I am just started learning formscape and I need to work on formscape to print the PO report. Please help me how I need to proceed in the formscape?

Thanks in advance
Suresh

Hi.

What version of JD Edwards do you have?

Have you the JD Edwards Formscape Plugin?

Have you the option to customize the Report in JD Edwards or need to do all the work in formscape?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I am using JDE 8.11. I can customize the reports in JDE and should print the company logo using the Formscape.
We are using OSA for the Report output from JDE.

Guide me how I can develop the report in Formscape as follows
how I can link the JDE Output report as input to Formscape
how I can do the data map and design Formscape report by using the JDE PDF as input.

Thanks in advance
Suresh
Regards,
Suresh

Hi,

I am using JDE 8.11. I can cutomize the report. I am trying to develop the simple report in formscape. Please guide me for the below queries
How I can take the output of PDF as input to formscape automatically whenever I run the JDE Report?
How I can map the JDE Sections to Formscape output?

Thanks in advance
Suresh

Hi.

I can't tell you much about the OSA because we are not using it (we don't have the JD Edwards formscape plugin), we print to a printer queue all our reports.

So this seems to be the first issue to solve, as this determines how Formscape receives the information.

All I can tell you if you have basically 3 options

1. Don't work in JDE customizations and try to aisle each data with the formscape tools (could be very easy for some reports but almost impossible for others), aslo this options don't allow you to get more data perhaps needed for your output.

2. Work a little in JDE customizing your output (bassically tagging each data and adding new data), ad work in Fomrscape to prepare the containers or pagebanks by parsing the JDE output using the Formscape tools

3. My reccomended one. Work in JDE by creating a new section when you output all your data in an XML format, and hide the rest of the sctions. Later in formscape you don't need any procesing of the data, as it is able to directly get an XML input into a container.

This last option mean a bit more work in the JDE side, but has big advantages:

1. All your JDE reports are customized the same way, so you don't have different methods for each report
2. Is a very simple customization, as you use one section to output all data with the XML structure you need
3. All your formscape reports have the same input processing (none)
4. You separate in a clean way the jobs, JDE => Prepare data ; Formscape, Get Data and Prepare Visual Output.

Later if you use the BI publicher, you only have to adapt the Formscape to the New XML, or use style sheets to adapt the XML output.

Hope this helps

Back