UTBrowse.exe failure to launch

Jane_d

Folks,
We have just installed some new citrix servers with metafreame 4.5. The E1 part seems to be working fine but when we try to launch utb all we get is the following error:
UTBRowse.exe - application error
The Application Failed to initialize properley(0XC06d007e). Click OK to terminate the application

We get this error when we launch utb from the E1 published app(Fastpath) and when we published utbrowse.exe by itself.
This issue occurs with IE and FireFox

If we log on to the console of the terminal server we do not have an issue at all.

Has anyone seen this issue before?
Jane
E1 8.10 tools 8.94
AS400 DB2

Do you get the same error when you login with the same Windows user via published app (I assume seamless window) and when you login "full" (custom connection using Program Neighborhood)?

Cheers,

If I remember correctly (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), but UTB is considered a development tool, and will refuse to run in a Terminal Services/Citrix session.

Try adding OWDEVELOPER=TRUE in your JDE.INI under [DEBUG], and then test it. You'll want to try it in your profile's copy of JDE.INI, rather than in the central JDE.INI in C:\WINDOWS.

You must be really careful with this, as that flags allows OMW use, and full check-in/check-out under Terminal Services/Citrix. I have to ask if UTB access is really necessary for users ...

Thanks for you post, I do get there error using both ways to access the application

Thank you for your note. We do allow our users to use UTB from the citrix environment and it is working on the current servers but, since we installed the new servers, we have not been able to get it to function. I tried adding the OWDEVELOPER=TRUE but that did not fix the issue
frown.gif

Jane,

after launching UTB, wait 30 seconds before attempting to open/view a table and see if it behaves differently. On an older Tools Release level we had an issue similiar to what you describe on TSE. If we waited a few seconds before attempting to open/view anything the problem would not appear. Problem was corrected by upgrading the Tools Release.

Cheers,

My guess would be Windows permissions (physical files and/or registry) or maybe policy. Either way, Windows would throw errors in Event Viewer.

I would make sure group Remote Desktop Users group (or Authenticated Users group) has full access to E810 folder, then use regmon while launching UTBrowse.exe to see if there are any violations.

Cheers,

Re: UTBrowse.exe failure to launch - resolution

Just wanted to followup on this issue, there is a fix for citrix for this very issue Citrix Hotfix PSE450R02W2K3007. However it was not availble to the general public had to contact a citrix partner

Back