Installing SP23 on HPUX-9000

kk_jde

Hello All,

We are upgrading our JDE service pack from SP22 to SP23... We are on Xe, running on HP-UX and Citrix servers with Oracle 10g database. In order to accomodate Oracle 10g we have upgraded all clients from SP22 to SP23...But I am having trouble indentifying correct SP23 installation file for HP9000. There are bunch of files and I'm not sure which one I should download and install... Can you guys please help me which SP23_W file I need to download and install for HP9000? If you can also point me to the installation instruction document it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arvi
Xe, Oracle10g, HP-UX and Citrix.

Thanks Charles. I am now downloading the SP23_w1 file now. We are running only thin clients on Citrix servers so I am going to ignore all the other SP23 files there for HP9000 specific. Thanks for the documentation link as well. I am going to go through them now.

Is there anything that I need to be careful of with SP23 on HP-UX that you are aware of? Do I have to go with Mutiple foundations or can I go directly with Production upgrade if I have a UNIX server I can spare for this? I have never done or be part of Mutilple foundation, so little worried about that. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Arvi

The last Xe SP I supported was SP20 - some five plus years ago. So, I don't have much in the way of specific SP23 advice other than to say, lucky you that you got to stay on Xe whereas we (they) got suckered into an early upgrade.

The only "supported" way is to use multifoundation, even if you have a spare server. I've never paid much attention to that nonsense when I have dealt with multiple enterprise servers separating prod from dev and crp or dev/crp.

Thanks...I will try with the spare UNIX server and see how it goes. I dont want to learn and implement something new now when I know the client is not going to be doing much application changes anyway.

Back