PC Miler Rail Substitute

blundberg

Are there any transportation software packages (3rd party or Oracle) that anyone can recommend that integrates into E1 to provide mileage calculation for road and rail? Preferably the software would require no custom modifications in order to integrate into E1 and would support domestic and foreign mileage calculations, but just domestic would suffice.

Currently we have PC Miler integrated into our E1 system for domestic truck mileage calculation, which works fine, but unfortunately found out that their complimentary product PC Miler Rail (used for railcar mileage calculation) is not supported with E1 yet. I had the Oracle support technician add me to enhancement request 8477161 to add PC Miler Rail support to E1, but who knows when the enhancement will be completed.

E1 system specs:
Application Release = 8.12
Tools Release = 8.97.1.1
Enterprise Server = AS400 (V5R4) and NT (Win2003 SP1)

Thank you in advance.

Good luck with this. I talked with an E1 tech last week about PC Miler and replacement. I was told that PC Miler was the only product supported and was only supported up to version 19. The tech said that 20 was to be supported early next year.

Burke,

I assume that if you wanted to upgrade and you were checking last week you were looking at version 22 which I we have on our desk since months. I find that odd that JDE would spend the energy to be compatible to an already "very old" version. Did they mentioned any incompatibility reason ?

The way I see it the link between JDE and PC*Miler is only a business function mapped to the PC Miller server, it's hard to believe that becoming compatible could be so much work.

I placed a call last week too regarding the upgrade, 19 is getting very old and we would like to upgrade to 22 to get the latest route mileage.

Brian, I would be very curious to know how difficult it would be to interface PC*Miler Rail to E1 due to the fact we have to assume the call between E1 and PCM is probably very similar. Humm.. something to test during the spare times ....

I apologize for the delayed response. I agree with it being odd that they would spend more time on 20 and not on the latest version. They did not mention any incompatibility issues.

I hope they surprise us and certify version 22.

Burke,

We are going ahead and will upgrade to V22 in our QA environment, let's see how that goes. with 15,000 calls to PCM per day we will really see if "it's compatible"

Christian Audet

Burke,

We are past the point of no return. We are going Live with V22 this weekend. No issue found in any of our test regarding the connexion to JDE. The major thing that we had to deal with is the difference is some of the data. An example are the Canadian Zip Code have a bizare Geocode apply to them in some cases. For most of it out team found the new version to be accurate and to have a lot more informations (like road restriction and new roads and bridges).

Let's see if we are still alive after this weekend !

PCM 22 has been installed in PROD, no issue, everything went well.

Christian,

Have you done any upgrades to PC Miler since this post? (I see it is 10 years old.)

Joe

Back