Item Availability and Quantity on Hand

• Thread starter Xavier Echeverria
  • Start date

Xavier Echeverria

Hi List,

I have a question, I am new in Distribution and Inventory Modules. The question is: I have a value in Quantity On hand for example 200 Units and in Item Availability I have 100, I checked the commitments, sales order , etc but I dont have anything. Do you know how can release this quantity on hand in order to have enough availability?

Hi!

Check the branch/plant constants (P41001), row/exit "Availability". In your case i would suspect that safety stock is subtracted OR that you have several lots and one of the lots is expired.
Hope this helps
/Aarto

Thanks for your reply Aarto ,

I have checked the branch/plant constants, and It don't have set up safety stock and the lot is not expired.

Hi again! Have you checked all the quantity columns in F41021 / Availability)? (Hardcommit, softcommit on primary location, qty on receipt (could be negative) etc.?

Run r42995 this report mostly used to recommit future orders, it can be utilized when order quantities in the Sales Order Detail (F4211) file and commitments in the Item Location Quantity (F41021) file are not matching

Did you check the expiration dates?

It will subtract the quantities if it's expired.

Philip

Hi List,

I have a question, I am new in Distribution and Inventory Modules. The question is: I have a value in Quantity On hand for example 200 Units and in Item Availability I have 100, I checked the commitments, sales order , etc but I dont have anything. Do you know how can release this quantity on hand in order to have enough availability?

Back