Does anyone use 2X (thin client)?

tukar2u

Due to unicode issues on the web we are being forced to look for a 'Citrix' type solution for our new European countries. Someone suggested using 2X as an alternative to Citrix. They look really good and they are significantly more cheaper than Citrix.

I know that Citrix is the market leader and preferred/supported software for JDE, but we are talking about very small sites with only a few users.

Does anyone out there use 2X? Are there any other 'thin client' providers you could recommend?

Thanks in advance

Matt
E1 8.0 SP23_T1 UNIX/ORACLE

Hi,

I might suggest plain W2003 RDP client.
One of my accounts (80 users W2003/SQL2005 E810) relies
on it and it works pretty well.
It's not as flexible as Citrix, but its licensing cost
is quite cheaper (be aware that W2003 Terminal Server
application licenses are not free).

In North America we use Citrix, in Asia we are using Windows Terminal server. Same logic as Sebastion's client. North America has a huge user base, Asia has a small base.

Gregg

I would strongly suggest going with either RDP on its own, or Citrix. I strongly DISAGREE that you should attempt to implement some strange third party "competitor" to Citrix - such as X2 or Tarantella. I've seen companies attempt to implement these technologies, only to end up spending significantly more money, resulting in a strange mix of software that no-one else is using, only to then later on have to purchase RDP licensing or Citrix licensing because nobody wants to support them. I have seen three customers in the past do something like that - obviously they are "sold" by some sales rep who has VERY little knowledge of the JDE ERP space, but who pushes these unpartnered products to customers without any thought of the consequences.

Its even MORE important to "toe the line" if your customer is small.

The ONLY thin client providers recommended for EnterpriseOne 8.0 is as follows :

1. Terminal Services (RDP)
2. Citrix
3. JAS

Remember, you will ALWAYS need RDP licensing no matter what. Citrix is additional to RDP. 2X would also require RDP licenses. If in doubt, talk to your microsoft rep.

Back