Removing *ALL from JDE login

spba

Does anyone know a way to remove the *ALL from the drop down list when logging into JDE?

Users are confused, and believe that signing in with *ALL gives them access to all their roles.

I know it is possible, as i have a screen shot of a user that for some reason did not have the *ALL on his login.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Dan

Dan,
It sounds more like you have object conflict sequence issues that need to be analyzed by roles. This is time consuming but worth the effort. *ALL should be great for 80% of the user community if the security model is appropriate. *ALL introduced major advancement in E1 security and role management and should be utilized.

If you are really sure you want to do this. Go to P95921, Form exit to ‘enable role Chooser’. You will see a global record updated in the F00950 that controls this.

Thanks for the info..that was something i wasn't aware of (The Enable Role Chooser row exit)........I need to clarify though......I want to remove the *ALL from the drop down list......It sounds like the Enable Role Chooser only give me these 2 options;

(1) Check Box Marked - Choose from a list of roles (including *ALL)
(2) Check Box Unmarked - Enter JDE playing all roles.

I want to remove completely the *ALL from the drop down list. As it stands, people sign in with *ALL, and are under the impression they can access all the applications that all their respective roles can, not what each individual role can.

[ QUOTE ]
As it stands, people sign in with *ALL, and are under the impression they can access all the applications that all their respective roles can, not what each individual role can.

[/ QUOTE ]
a) Using *ALL the user is able to login and select one of his multiple roles, refresh E1 Menu, then proceed to select a Menu.
b) By removing *ALL you will force the user to login with one role only, so, if he needs to use another role he'll have to log-out, then login with a different role ... which takes longer than a)
... or c) I missed your point
blush.gif

Hi - Did anyone ever figure our if it is possible to remove *ALL from the role dropdown list at signon, forcing the user to select an actual role? I would be interested if there is a way. Thanks, JRG.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I'm also looking for the same solution. Remove *All from the role drop down and force user to select a role. Has anyone found a solution?

If you have users with multiple roles, I don't know why you would want to force a user to log out and back in when they need to access something from a different role as that can really impact their ability to work. Logging in with *ALL roles applies the security from all of the roles to the user. As John pointed out above, if your security is setup properly, there will be almost no conflicts between roles for the user. If not, they can have application conflicts in which case I am guessing they are already logging in with individual roles to get around this. An alternative is to implement a third party solution to bypass this even being an issue.

If you have users with multiple roles, I don't know why you would want to force a user to log out and back in when they need to access something from a different role as that can really impact their ability to work. Logging in with *ALL roles applies the security from all of the roles to the user. As John pointed out above, if your security is setup properly, there will be almost no conflicts between roles for the user. If not, they can have application conflicts in which case I am guessing they are already logging in with individual roles to get around this. An alternative is to implement a third party solution to bypass this even being an issue.

Thanks for your reply. We have to use separate roles due to the way we've configured our BU security to re-purpose the time-sheet functionality to suit our needs. Long story short, we cant get away from having users select their roles when they log in. One piece of feedback we receive regularly is to hide the All role as it defaults to the top of the list yet it is not supposed to be used. For some users I've set the All role to their most commonly used role to pacify them but the ideal would be to either move it to the bottom of the role selection drop down or hide it completely.

Tawnyboy,

In general we apply business unit security at the user level and function security via a role. We have a small number of users that have dual and conflicting roles. One role (the day job) has broad function, but limited business unit access. The other role (special) has limited function and broad business unit access. To accommodate this, for these users, no security is applied at the user level. The day job role is included in the *ALL. The special role is excluded from the *ALL.

Back