Shipped and Confirmed a sales order, but want to reverse the Ship/Confirm

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Shipped and Confirmed a sales order, but want to reverse the Ship/Confirm

Have you written a program to reverse the Ship/Confirm status of items on a sales order?
SCENARIO: Ship/confirmed
Would need to adjust inventory of the items being returned, and adjust some field values in F4211.
Or do you have a "Cheat Sheet" of the steps one must perform in reversing a Ship/confirm?

Haven’t you heard about Credit orders, RMA (Return Material Authorization) processes..?. I don’t believe in reinventing the wheel. Do you believe this was not thought before?

Anybody know how to reverse a ship/confirm?
The Credit Order (CO) and RMA (Return Material Authorization) is not a solution to our problem because those solutions are only for orders that have invoiced.
We want to reverse a ship/confirmed order before it invoices because we incorrectly ship/confirmed the order.

If we wait till it invoices, the customer will get the invoice that has wrong data on it, and the RMA would also have to be issued to the customer.

Simplest solution: Delivery confirm '0' zero and return to stock. No
invoice will be generated.

Eric,

They don't seem to get it do they? Let's see the order has already been ship confirmed and the statuses advanced on the detail lines and the cardex has probably been updated so inventory quantities have changed. But the General Ledger and the A/R Sub-Ledger haven't been updated yet because Sales Posting hasn't run. And on top of that you need to get it done before month-end. That about sums it up, I think.

The only thing I can think of is go back into Order Entry on the same order # and enter corresponding credit lines for the same items and re-enter new product lines with whatever corrections you need. Then ship confirm the credit lines and the new order lines at the same time. Yes you will probably have a new invoice number but hopefully it will either net to zero (because it isn't the price you need to fix) or between the two invoices you will have an acceptable net value. Then post the two invoices and send a letter to the customer with an explanation about the sales order and two invoices.

Of course this sounds a lot like credit and rebill with a twist.

I thank Russell Karnap for kindly sending to me the steps on how to to edit/modify sales orders that have been ship/confirmed but have not yet invoiced.
Russell, your approach to correcting quanities and Items is a novel approach. I will try it and get back to you all.
Thanks again.
EricL

Hello Eric,

That fix has been around for several years. If you really want to keep up
with all the ways you can torture the software until it confesses, then
consider Andy Klee's JDE Tips.

No, I don't get a commission for the plug.

Russell Karnap
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])

Russell Karnap,
Even I am interested in your solution to reverse ship/confirm but I don’t seem to find were to access you attachment for fencebuilder Ill be more than happy if u can mail it to suraj_ram2003@yahoo.

Thanks in advance

Back