External Email Response to JDE- Using Workflow

jdegopal

Hi,
We have a requirement where a External Mail(via SMTP) will be triggered to the user, in the Distribution List. User will ACCEPT or REJECT the proposal(Purchase Order) in the mail itself. Now the problem is how do I capture the response to my Workflow? Will my Workflow be still active?
Can anyone help in this regard.

Venu Gopal
Environment : 811, Database:Oracle9i

Venu,

Sounds to me like you need to add in a middleware component in there to meet that requirement. Enable the interop components from 8.11 to do inbound and outbound transactions. Add in a webmethods or Oracle SOA server to act as the bridge between E1 and your email server.

Gregg

Since your email is external to the JDE world you will have to write some interface to get the response into JDE.
You can go for a robust solution as described in earlier post or you can design your own simple solution using file transfer or something like that.

Chan

We have a commercial solution, EASYProcess, that can neatly solve this problem. EASYProcess can allow you to poll any email box and parse the responses. From these responses JDE can be updated automatically, either directly to data files or using the BSFN. Confirmation emails can also be sent to the appropriate parties at any point in the process. All this happens without writing any code in the EASYProcess workflow editor.

EASYProcess

Back