Unable to view a PDF file from citrix

JohnHn

JohnHn

Hello Everyone,
I hope someone has seen this issue before, in a JDE OW XE SP23_N1 install running on iSeries V5R4 with 6 W2k SP4 servers with citrix meta frame XP installed.(I know it's old and unsupported but 8.12 got pushed back so I'm stuck at the moment) Our users cannot view a pdf file after a job has run. this is not consistant nor can I recreate the issue at will. I have put a sniffer trace on this process and have found that when this issue occurs the packets do not go down the right path. in our environment we are mapping the users windows directory and print queue to a file share server and the j:\ mapping for each user. when the view pdf button is clicked from WSJ nothing happens, however, when it is successful the packets will flow from the citrix server to the print queue on the iseries, copy the pdf to the file share after authenticating the the DC. any input would be appreciated.

John

It SOUNDS like Adobe Acrobat isn't correctly installed. Have you tried reinstalling Acrobat Reader on the Citrix server ?

Just my 2c...

Holy-Cow that email was fugly:

Should have looked like -
John,

It sounds like one of a few things:
· Permissions – to either Acrobat or the file share
· E1 Permissions to the button
· Anti-Virus blocking the scripting mechanism that runs the button

I'd hunch that it is McAfee – if you are using the McMonster AV – it is not friendly to scripting on E1.

How long has the issue been occurring? Where there any client-side upgrades that may have occurred about the time that things went south?

(db)

John, I've had a similar issue and it was a bad printer driver. To verify if this is an issue, make note of the citrix server the user is connected to. Logon to that print server and go to printers locate the printer the user has been mapped to and try to print a test page. If this the issue you will get en error.

Hope this helps
Jane

Back