Anyone running Vertex Payroll Q and QSUT on same Win Ent. Server

JCamden

Anyone out there running E1 8.12 on a Windows Enterprise Server and running both Vertex Q Payroll Tax and Vertex Q Sales & Use Tax on the same Windows Enterprise Server? I've got the Payroll Tax product working OK but when I installed QSUT it seems to be incompatible with payroll on the same server. Plus Oracle says I have to install payroll in different directories for each JDE Environment I want to connect.

confused.gif

Hey Jerry,
Did you check the processing options for P7308 like I suggested. I noticed the BSFN for P5002(whatever the payroll checker was) is looking at the second row of F7308 by design. The only way to update that row is to have your P7308 processing options set correctly. I just wanted to make sure that if you have different Datsources for the 2 vertex setups you have the correct entries in the correct lines of F7308. They both seem to intialize location.dll so I don't think the environment vars are the problem.

Did P73GEO ever work?

I did check the PO for P7308. The defaults were Blank, 1, and 1. I changed #2 to be Blank, for 'Both Quantum systems located on the same server.' Doing so, now gives me only one "Tab" of data source parameters. Because of that, I went back and installed the QSUT \DB into the same directory as the Payroll \DB folder. So I have GeoCoder, QSUT, and Payroll ISAM all in the same folder. Then I set the PATH to only use the Payroll \utils. Payroll still works but P73GEO still returns no records. I did determine that the two \utils directories have different "versions" of some dlls. There is a location.dll in both directories. So the PATH definitely plays a part in the problem.

I'd sure like to find someone that has both working.

I have been busy all day, but I did wanted to say don't spend to much time with the vertex setup. Don't forget both of thouse Test Connection apps use a BSFN to do this call. Check your SAW for errors in the Call Object Kernals.

We finally got this to work. It really DOES NOT take two separate servers. Both Vertex Payroll and Vertex SUT WILL run on same server. Oracle did come up with a procedure to install & run both on the same server.

Jerry,

I know it's been close to a year since your post about how you resolved this issue, but we are currently running in to the same issue and I was curious as to how you solved it.

Thanks!

Back