Ship Confirmation - process shipments from interface file.

kpruitt

We are using E811 and shipping from a third part software. I need to interface the shipping information back to JDE to perform a ship conformation. Would like suggestions on the best way to do this. I need the lots to show on the order with the quantities for invoicing.

kpruitt,
I think you need to give lot more information to clearly understand what is currently happening in your system and the release. If you are generating SO in jde and then doing all activities in third party or you can use it for shipment?. Do you use transportation?. or ship confirm just for freight calculation?. lot will depend on how it is confirgured.
There are process available to do all this activties thru batch.

1. Send the Order number to the 3dP_swre for shipping.
2. Return your 3dP_swre ship confirmation info into a custom table say F554205.
3. Schedule a custom batch say R554205U to read the table; use a field Processed (Y/N) to flag & filter the record
* status: blank = not processed, Y = successfully processed, N = NOT successfully processed
Batch reads the shipped info, and updates the Sales Order with the shipping info, and F554205 with the proper flag & audit stamp (you know: User, PID, Dat & Time Updated).
4. We do the shipping confirmation in E1 manually (just a couple of railcars=orders a day, less than 30), but you could do it automatically with your custom batch.
Good day and good luck,

Thanks for the replies! I will try to give more detail on what we would like to do and the release of JDE.

E811.1 tools release 6.10.

We are entering sales orders in JDE. Then an interface runs to transfer the orders to a third party software. All manufacturing and shipping is done in third party software. Once shipments are complete the shipment information is sent back to JDE. We are also keeping on hand inventory in jde which is passed into JDE via an interface. Therefore, when the shipment information is brought into JDE we would like to adjust inventory and list the lots shipped on the order. Looking at JDE the interactive ship confirm does what we want. However, we would like to automate the ship confirm using the information (Lot information) interfaced from the third party software.

R42500
shocked.gif

Howdy!

Couple of pointers if you would like to use the "standard" EDI interfaces

You can import the orders to F47131/F47132 and run R47500 to ship confirm. However, if there are changes to quantity/location/lot, between F47132-F4211, R47500 will NOT ship confirm the line. (i.e the lines must match exactly)

We solved this at a client by importing the records twice to F47131/F47132 with different EDI document types. The first document type is to update F4211 with quantity/location/lot changes from the warehouse and was processed with R47131 to update the sales orders.
Then we process the second EDI document with R47500 to do the actual ship confirm

You could, of course, just run R47131 to update the sales orders and then run R42500 over the sales orders (batch ship confirm)
R42500 basically reads F4201/F4211 and writes entries to F47131/F47132. It then calls R47500 to do the actual ship confirm

Worth noting is that R47500 is a "mickey mouse" program. It will NOT read the actual ship date from F47132 and use it to ship confirm the order. The actual ship confirm will be system date (unless you modify it) ..and of course the match between F47132 and F4211 must be exact so there's no logic to backorder or cancel. This must done beforehand, including splitting F4211 lines to multiple locations

Also, be absolutely sure that when you export the order lines to the warehouse, the UBE checks F00095 Object reservations table. Otherwise you may be sending stuff to the warehouse while the user is editing the order and this may lead to inconsistenices.
first hand experience :)

Personally, i would just populate F47131/F47132 and write a custom UBE that reads the EDI table and calles Master bsfn to do the ship confirm (copying the fucntionality from P4205)

Hope this helps

/Aarto

Hi Aarto,

we are facing same situation,sales order is creating in JDE and shipping is done by 3rd party software.

I have populated data into F47131/F47132 (with E1 Doc type) and ran R47131 to change shipping information in F4211. I am able to change shipping information

But the problem lies in executing R47500, i have inserted another set of records with different EDI Doc type (E2) in F47131/47132. when i am running R47500, with Edi successful flag is not equal to Y.
it is showing no data selected.

when i ran R42500 with out inserting EDI Doc type (E2), it is writing another set of records in F47131/F47132 with sales order document type in F47131/F47132 and ship confirm is happening successfully.

Is Running R47500 alone is enough to ship confirm..? or it has to attach with R42500.

many thanks for your post.

Back