21 CFR and Data Refresh

Tim2632000

Does anyone know if it's possible to still do a data-refresh (PD to PY) with 21 CFR Auditing running?

We are running 8.11, SunSolaris with Oracle 9.2.0.1

Thanks

Sure is - with a couple of little of little *'s. Are you refreshing from another environment that also has 21cfr turned on, if so, same tables?
Assuming you are refreshing data (by that I mean restoring a database from another source) that has the same tables audited the only thing that you would have to have is change the table owners (Schemas) that are referenced in the table triggers that JDE adds when you turn on auditing.

If you are refreshing the data using the R98403, then nothing really has to be done. Although I would highly recommend that you turn off auditing prior to the refresh or you will have an 1-1 row created in the audit from the refresh.

How are you planning on having the data refreshed? By having the database restored from the source/changing schema's,etc, or using the R98403?

R98403 is aware of table auditing. We normally use native database tools to refresh all non-audited tables, then run R98403 just for the audited ones.

As others have mentiones, it depends one how you intended to do the refresh.
1) R98403 is audit aware
2) IN our case we use native database tool that is much faster. IN this case if you have audit only production database, then you have to ensure when you copy the tables to non-prodcution database, you drop the triggers from _adt tables. IN our case we go a step furhter and delete the views and change the table back from _ADT to orginial tables. This really not rquired, but does not hurts.

[ QUOTE ]
As others have mentiones, it depends one how you intended to do the refresh.
1) R98403 is audit aware
2) IN our case we use native database tool that is much faster. IN this case if you have audit only production database, then you have to ensure when you copy the tables to non-prodcution database, you drop the triggers from _adt tables. IN our case we go a step furhter and delete the views and change the table back from _ADT to orginial tables. This really not rquired, but does not hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious if anyone has figured out a way to automate this, i.e. not having to manually determine which tables are being audited and not having to manually modify certain tables.

Back