Table I/O Doesn't Work

andy_JDE

Table I/O Doesn\'t Work

Hi All,
When I add any statement for TableIO in P0911,such as insert/fetch,I find that tableIO doesn't work.Then,I launch it in debugger mode for observation,but tableIO doesn't work as well.Why?
I'am in E812 environment by Tools8.96.2.2.

Re: Table I/O Doesn\'t Work

andy_JDE,

A few questions to aid in diagnosing your problem:

What do you mean by it doesn't work? Does the ER get executed? Does it get executed but not return anything?

At what event is the table I/O ER?
Have you captured the SQL statement that it produces (if any)? Does that SQL statement produce any results from you database?

I run it normally in standalone environment,but it doesn't work in the workstation.
ie.F0911.update for TableIO and it includes transaction around itself,but it still doesn't work.Why?

You'll need to provide at least ten times more details if you want an answer - this is not nearly enough...

andy_JDE,

Please, you have got to help us out here. As Alex says, we need more information. Please answer ALL the questions I asked. If you don't understand a question, or require clarification, please say so.

I'm very Sorry,I just come back in office.
In the PostButtonClicked
F4311.fetchsingle
I find that it doesn't work in any mode such as debugger mode and I don't find any infomation in the jdedebug.log
about F4311,but it works normally in the standalone environment.In debug section,LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS.Why does it happen?

No Problem .Just Debug the Application , put Break Point at that Update
statement .As Andy told ...1)Look whether the variables in that Update
Statement are returning values or not . 2) And then check whether Update
Statement is executing in the Debugging pane or not? .

If 1st one (Not returning values) happens then it is not the problem of
Table I/O .As there are no values that matches the condition it is not
returning the values.

If 2nd one (Not excecuting the Update Statement) ,then check whether this
Update statement is within any IF Loop ,and check ..you can observe the If
loop is not executing.

If at all this Update statement is returning values , then these values
might be same to those values which are in the tabe.

For all these you have to Debug.

Have a nice time.

Thank you for your reply.
I see the breakpoint stopping at the update-statement for tableIO and stop there for a long time when I debug the program,but it still does't work in the end.Can you tell me about return value after update?I know of a option for check record change in the update tableIO,but I don't know how to check it.Does it appear in SL variable, jdedebug.log or others?I wonder if I need make a patch. Any idea?

Andy,

It is still poor information to help you.
Which form?
Which event of which control.
More code details.
Check the jde.log too.

Regards,

Zoltán

I will tell you what I allways tell anybody else when they have a table I/O related issue.

Did you turn on the debug log (jdedebug.log), capture the resulting SQL and run the SQL in an external tool like query analyzer? Did you look at the jde.log for any errors?

Ok, I am looking this topic over for the - errr about 12th time, trying to see if there is anything I can contribute.

Andy, first you need to be consistent about the problem. You talk about insert/fetch then about F0911.update, then about F4311.FetchSingle and then vaguely about update.

As I keep going back and forth trying to glean the scarcest of information, a picture started forming and I am reminded of a similar situation.

When you run this in debugger and you have just executed the Table I/O, have you ever timed the delay? Once when I did it, it turns out that the delay always fell around two minutes (within 10 secs every time). Once it continued, the Table I/O was always a failure. The delay, then reminded my of a timeout, such as when an operation is waiting for a table to be free and never does become free. My guess is that there are master business functions in use that have Transaction Processing turned on. This will lock up the 'concerned' tables until the End Doc portion of the MBF has completed. As a test, I went to the Begin Doc (and/or the Edit Line) MBF and found the check mark for Transaction Processing and turned it off. Automagically, the process started working. I would guess that this is your same problem.

*******If it is - you then need to REALLY REALLY consider whether turning Transaction Processing off, is the correct solution. Other solutions could exist (i.e. updating using logic encapsulated within a bsfn, or moving the update to after End Doc - also known and an "End Around") which are much preferred over changing the stock code.

One easy test might be to put a Table I/O of a logging table right before the problem Table I/O line and see if it is successful.

Ben Again,

Following displays my steps:
1.check out P0911 in workstation .
2.open FDA with P0911.
F4311.Open
F4311.Update
F4311.Close
4.Save it in location.
5.Run HtmlWebClient it in debugger mode.
6.I find that breakpoint is stopping when it run there.
7.I skip the jdedebug.log and search by F4311,but it doesn't be found.
8.Finally,I open jde.log....
1700/4004 MAIN_THREAD Sat Jan 26 12:41:45.368008 Jdb_ctl.c1149
JDB4100001 - Failed to validate Env handle

I wonder if I need update a patch.I doubt that TableIO is error by itself.

Thank you for your reply.
I see.If the transaction doesn't be freed or it is a asynchronous function,the following statement doesn't work by the same tablehandle.But I open it for another tablehandle and track that open F98const appears.The F98CONST is the place in which it shall display my table such as F4311. Why?
Regards.
E1812 for UP2,Tools Release 8.96.2.2

From my experience Table I/O always work.
If it is not working, try using Table Handle.

Good luck.

Back