find processing indefinitely on web

sheeba

Reputable Poster
find processing indefinitely on web

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Our users (web clients) experience issues when doing find, it shows it is proceesing but does not fetch any records.

This happens only once a while (for one or two users).

Has anyone seen this problem? How did you resolve it?

thanks
sheeba

Re: find processing indefinitely on web

Does this happen with a particular application? I would also check the jas logs as well, this may point you in the right direction.

Hi,

Oracle announced (a couple of weeks ago) that there
were some major bugs on Tools 8.96.1.4, if I were you
I'd go to Tools 8.96.1.5

We've seen this problem on several web clients running IE7. Our solution was to re-install IE7, which fixed the problem.

re-installing IE7 is what we have been doing too.

yep - i will look at the jas log.

have opened a call with Oracle as well.

Will let you all know what i find out.

thanks for all replies.
sheeba

Oracle helped us solve this problem.

If it is IE6, the value should be c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll - where c:\windows is the windows install directory.
If it is IE7, the value should be c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll - where c:\windows is the windows install directory.

Solution: We renamed shdocvw.dll on the problem laptop to ieframe.dll and the problem is solved.

(please see SOLUTION ID: 201042032 E1TECHPLAT E1: JAS: Any EnterpriseOne 8.12 application gets stuck in "processing") for more details

have a great day all.
rgds
sheeba

sheeba,

Thanks for the solution ID reference. This solution is sure a whole lot easier than reinstalling IE7!

I have an issue with the indefinite "In USe" status of the jobs in the queue. Does anyone know why this happens??? and what could be the possible remedy

Back