Duplicate Check Numbers - Report?

tarkan

I know how the situation occurs in our shop and have need to identify instances of duplicate check numbers either by report or query. Has anyone else attempted to report these items, either from scratch or copying/modifying an existing ube? I've been able to come up with something crude, but it returns all check numbers, basically tagging a duplicate by a text variable...not very practical. Also, apologies in advance if there is a canned report available. I did try to look for something but all I found was for duplicate invoices. Any help/guidance for reporting on these items would be appreciated.

Regards,

tarkan

Thank you for your prompt follow-up. Yes, I did try the R04601, however, it seems to be focued on the invoice numbers in the F0411 (the JDE HELP description for this report says it only reports duplicate invoice numbers or duplicate amounts within an invoice. I am looking for something that will list only duplicate(triplicate, etc) DOCM values per GLBA where PYID's are different, from the F0413. If there's a canned report to do that I'd rather not reinvent it. Have you seen anything of the sort?

Thanks again,

tarkan

Not sure if it's helpful or not but my current client, as well as a few others, actually exports the file to an MS Access database that has macros to look for dups. There is a software out there that you can purchase too for a minimal fee (I can find out the name if you are interested) that already has that built into it. If you have an Access guru on site, you could create your own routines pretty simply.

Great suggestion! I knew someone would have an idea! Thanks again.

tarkan

Or how about doing this.

Create a report

Set the main section business view to whatever table has the check numbers. and sequence that section by check numbers. Then attach a level break header - breaking on the check number and in the do section (re)set a counter to zero.

Then in the main section, in the Do section increment the counter (you should initialize it to zero back in the initialize section) and then add the logic.....

If counter is not equal to 2
__Suppress Section Write
End If

BTW the logic is set this way so it will suppress the check number the first time it sees it (no duplicate yet) and the third or higher (no need to show that it is a duplicate more than once).

Ben again,

Another good idea! I'm on the functional side, and so not the most experienced developer...give me some time to work on this and I will update the post.

Regards,

tarkan

Another quick solution (If you have read access to the database and know SQL) would be to run a quick SQL statement. Here's an example:

--------------------------------------------------
SELECT DISTINCT RMDOCM, RMICU, RNKCO, RNDCT, RNDOC
FROM DBO.F0413
INNER JOIN DBO.F0414 ON RMPYID = RNPYID
WHERE RNDCT = 'PV'
GROUP BY RMDOCM, RMICU, RNKCO, RNDCT, RNDOC
HAVING COUNT(DISTINCT RMICU) > 1
ORDER BY RMDOCM, RMICU, RNKCO, RNDCT, RNDOC
--------------------------------------------------

I wrote this in about a minute, so I didn't put much into it, but you get the idea.... Just remember to change the database owner before you run it.
wink.gif

Thank you for your suggestion Francois. To all, I am most appreciative for all of the ideas and will try not to forget to update the thread.

tarkan

Hello Ben,

Well, there was finally time to tackle this item. All suggestions were appreciated. However, yours achieved results closest to what is needed.

You mentioned your logic would suppress all but the second occurrence...well, not to seem ungrateful, but the other 'duplicates' are required to print as well in the specs received.

A few attempts changing the If statement operator and right operand proved fruitless (and that I do not ‘get’ counter logic…yet). To be honest, I haven’t worked much with event rules and never with a counter. This novice could sure use the forums help a bit more…perhaps there is a way to skip records that aren’t duplicated?

Also, could someone clarify for me, is a PC just the record right before the BC or all records previous. I’m afraid to compare the two and get a run away report until I know for sure…

So, thanks again for all of the help so far.

tarkan

Back