Batch Number is showing up IN USE :: P00201 - General Journal Review

Jon Dwan

Hi,

I have a user who is locked out of a batch in General Journal Review option (program P00201), what had happened is that the screen got locked up and another person decided to end the interactive job which has now caused this issue to occur.

I have looked at the program and what i have determined is the following, the program uses the flag ICIST in the file F0011 to set the status of the batch. Normally i would just reset this status but i am unfamiliar with the workings of the JDE system and am hesitant in just going in and changing the data - is there another option to resolve this issue, or maybe on am going down the wrong course of action all together, any guidance or assistance on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jon

Yep if a job "died" while using the batch (but before a normal termination) then the status would not have been set back to Pending or approved etc.

Reset the status - it should be perfectly Okay as long as you make a quick check to make sure someone somewhere is not using the batch (there is a standard JDE program to maintain Batch status etc. which I think you know already) .

I think there is a batch review program (single entry) by which you can change this ONLINE safely without using back end techniques

This wouldn't work either if the batch is "in use" status. what you need to do is use the fastpath BH (batch header) and change the batch header status from this screen. Then all the other screens would work.

Steady on - just what do you mean by "This wouldn't work either if the batch is "in use" status"?

RTM's (JDE World User Reference Guides) - the standard Batch Header maintenance program will work!! Have a look at what your fastpath command does behind the scenes - if this fastpath command was done by a competent JDE 'technical' person then it should be calling the standard JDE program. Once you know the name of this program then you will understand and of course you will be able to "menu search" and find what menu it is located on.

I presume your further comment "Then all the other screens would work" really means that any program checking the batch status will not have a problem with a status of "In Use" because the status has been reset.

Back