R42565 Invoice date

bwilkinson

bwilkinson

Well Known Member
We have been running the R42565 for a lot of years and when ever we run it we have to key in the invoice date. Is there a way for the program to simply use the Ship Date as the invoice date so we don't have to key it in.

I know on programs like R42800 you can choose a specific date or use an existing date but I dont see any options like that for the R42565.

Oneworld 8.0 SP21
Microsoft Sql 2000

Hi -

R42565 is different than R42800 in that R42565 only gives you two options for the invoice date. Key it in the processing option or use the system date.

From a process standpoint, once your order ships do you invoice it? If yes, then why not use the system date? Or does your company need a delivery confirm before you invoice? What triggers the invoice in your order to cash flow?

There are a couple of options I can suggest once I understand how your business bills their customers.

Thanks

The way we do it is we ship say on Monday in a seperate WMS system, we import the orders into JDE and do a ship confirm (R47500) on Tuesday. We then run invoicing on Tuesday for Mondays orders.

So when the orders are brought into JDE I am assuming they are at a status of 560 (or some similar status). Then when you complete the ship confirm the order bumps to 580 for invocing.

If this is the case then I would set the data selection on R42565 to only pick up orders at 580 and leave the "invoice date" processing option blank. The program will populate the invoice date with the system date.

Or are you needing the orders to have Monday's date? If that is the case, then you will probably need a programmer to write a UBE that will populate the processing option with the system date minus 1 day.

From a revenue standpoint I wouldn't see why the 1 day lag would matter execept at month end. At month end you could run it manully (and populate the processing option) to close out all orders in the month before your accounting department closes the fiscal period.

Hi,

Just a thought: When you import this data from the WMS, which is done I guess by a custom program, why don't you update in this program your sales order line with an invoice date ? In this case R42565 will use this date.

Back