BSFN to select Business Units from Data Selection

w2vijay

w2vijay

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I have requirement to set the Dynamic Data selection on the second and Thrid Sections ( Custom Sections) which are called from Driver Section.

In the Driver Section the User can Select any number of Business Units like 2,3,4 etc. The same Units has to be selected in the second and third sections.

Is there any Business Function which can Store the Units selected by User and consequently used as dynamic in the other sections.

Thanks in Advance,

Hi Vijay,

I have one question. Are your sections are having the same BSVW? If yes, then you can use the system function "Use data sel/ seq from a section". If the views are not the same, then there might require some work around for that. Please search for the solution on JDEList that has been discussed earlier.

Hi Gov,

Thanks for your reply. The Business Views are not same for all the sections. The first section is on F0006S, second and third are different BV's with tables (F0006S,F03B11).

There is a way to do this and in fact I have done it. However, there is not a pre-existing business function that I know of to do it... you will have to write one. Basically you will need to create three business functions.

GetDataSelection_Init - this retrieves the data selection from the section and stores in memory

GetDataSelection_Next - this is called repeatedly and is used to iterate the list set up by the _init call

GetDataSelection_Free - this frees the resources allocated by the _init call

The key to this is the JDE API call ubeSection_GetDataSelection (and ubeSection_FreeDataSelection) that can retrieve the data selection off of a ube section. Call this in your init section, you can parse it in the init call and store the MCU lsit to jdeCache, or you can let your _next call parse/iterate through the list.

Back