Input PDF file not created with UBE option in JDE.INI - But the setting is there!!

TomAbbott

TomAbbott

I am trying to change the input file in a Create!form project. When I do this I get the following error: "Input PDF file not created with UBE option in JDE.INI. Unable to load PDF file c:\program file\etc..."

The problem is that I do have the necessary JDE.INI setting in place which is UBEPrintDataItems=1 under the [UBE] section. I'm not sure what else to check on this.
frown.gif

Re: Input PDF file not created with UBE option in JDE.INI - But the setting is there!!

Problem solved!! The UBE that was run for this had modifications, and also the table and business view behind this report were modified. I was trying to run this report in our DV environment that produced the desired JDE report, but there is some disconnect with Create!form that is caused by the changes in the table. Our test environment has had this table changed built into an update package. There's something with the table being properly built on our iSeries that allowed me to correctly produce a properly formatted report in our test environment.

I hope this made sense. At any rate, problem solved.
wink.gif

Re: Input PDF file not created with UBE option in JDE.INI - But the setting is there!!

Check where the job is running - on the Enterprise Server (if so which one if you have more than one) or local on a fat client. When the job runs, the JDE.INI file of the system where the job runs is used.

Also, make sure the PDF has not been opened and then re-saved from Acrobat. That will rewrite the internal contents of the PDF making it unusable for Create!form.

Hope this helps -

Karen.

Back