Interview Questions in AS400

alphaq

alphaq

Hello Listers,

Can any one suggest me some place where i can find the FAQ's and Interview questions related to AS/400.

Any suggestions in this regard are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Alphaq
A7.1

There is no single set of questions to ask. If you are looking to learn about operational or programmatic aspects of the '400, then there is abundant reference material available both online and on paper.

If you want to ask relevant questions of a job candidate, and if you are not conversant in the platform, then seek a professional who can put together a technical exam that is relevant to your platform. In the particular case of developer candidates, experience relevant to your industry is key since you'll want someone with a manfacturing background if you're a manufacturer, a distribution background if you're a distributor, and so on.

If you're a candidate and you're asking the "where to learn" question, the best advice I can offer you is to learn the basics of the platform and any languages you'll be using from the many available sources (IBM Redbooks, for one), then state up front to the interviewer that you're looking to strengthen your knowledge of the platform and associated languages. If you're a quick learner, state that as well. There's no using trying to bluff your way through a well-prepared technical exam--most who do so are caught. And even if you do manage to bluff your way through, once your technical inability is exposed, you'll likely be terminated.

Read technical guides. Go to IBM.com. Try Midrange Computing. The bottom line is, the resources are out there. Just don't try to interview without a knowledge base--doing so usually makes for an unsuccessful encounter for both interviewer and interviewee.

I hope this helps!

-KV, Sr.

Back