Duplicate A/P Check Numbers in separate check runs

tmackin

Reputable Poster
We have been experiencing duplicate check numbers between seperate check runs. This has occurred in runs for two companies at different times. Example: check numbers for a run in February have been duplicated in the next run in March. This is not happening every time we make a check run!! Where can I look to see where the 'next check number' is updated, what program, where in the 'flow' it may be happening?

TIA

Very confused!

In the P04571 application, when you click on the Write row exit to write checks, the P04572 application pops up and asks you to verify/enter the last (or next) check #. I did a test in our test environment and was able to reset the check # to a previously used one, resulting in two checks with the same check #. I'd check with whoever is doing your check runs to make sure they're not manually resetting the last/next check # field in the P04572 application.

Don, we are on Xe and our people say they don't get the popup to verify. Is
this something new in 8.9+?

Re: RE: Duplicate A/P Check Numbers in separate check runs

On Xe you should be getting that popup as well (form W04572A). This is the form that also has the GL Date and Bank Account. If you are not getting this your application is not working properly.

RE: RE: Duplicate A/P Check Numbers in separate check runs

I found an errant version in the processing option for the print program in
the P/O's for P04571. When I fixed it the popup appeared. I am wondering
where the 'Next Payment' number comes from? I need to verify against the
manual tracking we keep.

NN is stored in NXTC field of F0030 (also accessible via P0030G)

Thanks

Re: RE: RE: Duplicate A/P Check Numbers in separate check runs

Hi
We have been experiencing the same issue as you since last one month intermittently and wanted to know if you were able to find out what happened?

we are on Xe SP 5.

Thanks
Jaya

Re: RE: RE: Duplicate A/P Check Numbers in separate check runs

I added a reply to a simlar thread that may be of interest: check out 128041 and 128096.
Hope it is of some use...

Back