Oracle sues SAP, TomorrowNow, et al

Woohoo

would the old whitewater rafting challenge be on the agenda in 2008?

I THINK SO !

Who wants to go to the middle of the desert anyway ?

(I can hear a LOT of techies shouting "me" !)

Tomorrownow just posted for a JAS/CNC position.

Is an exodus in progress ?

They have a whopping ten whole positions posted - not much of an exodus Jon.....

Temple Inland has 143 listed, including a senior CNC job. My company has 170 listed (but no CNC jobs, I'm not budging).....

But their company has ten positions out of how many employees ? I would guess TomorrowNow has maybe a maximum of 100 employees. Thats 10% of their workforce !

A 3/26/2007 Information Week article pegs the TN employee number at 150...

I think the bigger question is would anyone want to
take a position with TomorrowNow at this point??

[ QUOTE ]
I think the bigger question is would anyone want to take a position with TomorrowNow at this point??

[/ QUOTE ]

And then there's the parallel question, would any new company sign on to TomorrowNow pending the results of the lawsuit? - which is exactly the position that Oracle wanted to put TomorrowNow in.

This is not an Oracle bash - this is just an observation of how the game is played at this level of competition. Should be interesting to watch it play out.....

I think Oracle's move was (in chess notation):

BxP ch!!
(the move captures a piece, but more importantly, it pins the Knight - TomorrowNow - preventing it from operating freely)...

Why would prax...er...your company ever put up a CNC position??!!?? Once you have a sucker, you don't tempt fate!!!
smile.gif

Back