Global poll - what version of OneWorld are you running ?

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on the business and how they operate. We currently see only about 10-15% of the named users online during peak times as concurrent users.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is roughly what we see on our terminal servers too. What I can't measure is my web users. We primarily use the web for requisition approvals. The web users are on and off in a matter of minutes. But, by and large, 10 to 15% concurrent is fairly acurate. BTW, we are no longer an "unlimited user" license. Oracle converted us over to named user.

[ QUOTE ]
1% of customers generates 20% of the revenue. I used to come out with that when asked by the company why I was pushing so hard with some of the benchmarks and scalability studies "only to satisfy a small number of large customers"....

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually the more acurate rule is the Pareto Principle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle. "It is a common rule-of-thumb in business; e.g., '80% of your sales come from 20% of your clients.'" The Temple Inlands, Shell Canadas and the Praxair's of the world are the big fish in the JDE pond. Glub glub.

Gregg,

In my book, that would make you very busy, because you are 5 EnterpriseOne customers (well, Praxair, not you personally). But I guess I'm trying to understand: Does it make more sense for Oracle to talk about the number of customers they have on a particular platform/version, or the number of users they have?

Right - but not in the reverse manner of things as JDE showed :

' /\
/__\

Majority of revenue for JDE customers actually came from the BOTTOM of the triangle - lots of customers, including the entire Genesis Channel. Significant revenue came from the top - but JDE had great difficulty in having to overcome scalability issues and enter that market. Their core market was the middle of the triangle - not the top - they stretched only a few times into the very large enterprise customers (and I could tell you who those customers are !). In fact, nobody had scaled Oneworld over more than 100 users or so until we ran the GM Benchmark - until we did that, it was actually thought to be exceptionally difficult given the technology of the day. We certainly changed some opinions with that benchmark !

So - at JDE specifically, the top 1% of customers generated 20% of the revenue - but all that stopped once JDE became swallowed up by Peoplesoft. In the past 3-4 years, JDE hasn't sold a single large enterprise customer that wasn't already a JDE, Peoplesoft or Oracle customer. In fact, until recently, I don't believe it was possible as a large enterprise customer to BUY EnterpriseOne. We only hope that Oracle changes that.

Bill,

Luckily for me, I only look after North America and occasionally Asia. That's enough. I would guess that Oracle would consider us one customer. That's how TomorrowNow and SAP see us.

Speaking of TomorrowNow. I'm wearing a very nice TN dress shirt today. Anybody dare me to wear it at the conference and go up and greet Charles Phillips?

[ QUOTE ]
In my book, that would make you very busy, because you are 5 EnterpriseOne customers (well, Praxair, not you personally).

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, going back to Jon's post earlier on Salaries, does that mean I get to collect five CNC salaries? Let's see, five times $120,000 = way more than I've ever going to make....
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I dare you. In fact I double dog triple dare you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fun, although I think he would either have a stroke or have me bounced. Either way, it'll never happen. I'm sharing a hotel room at the conference with my JDEtips editor, also known as Mrs. Larkin. She'd kill me.
cool.gif

Gregg Larkin

Wow, wouldn't that be great! But if you're anything like me, it just means your hair will fall out 5 times faster.

As for you last post (about wearing your TN shirt), if my two marriages taught me anything, it's don't cross the wife. (I guess I didn't really *learn* that until sometime after the second one . . .)

Hi Jon,

I'm not really sure how to vote. We have the following installations in our company:

Xe - 5 users (standalone Executive Payroll system)
ERP8 - 800 users (several Divisions connect to this installation)
ERP8 - 10 users (small division but separate)
8.10 - 100 users (separate division)
8.10 - 100 users (separate division of our company but not directly managed by Corporate Head Office. Basically the only division that I'm not the CNC but they ask me questions sometimes.)

For our company we chose JDE as our software solution and we started setting up different divisions with their own JDE installations. A few years ago we decided to have a consolidated JDE system where Head Office and all new divisions were added to the same install. We haven't made the jump to add the other existing JDE divisions though. thats why we have multiple installations.

My signature has 8.10 in it but usually I just change it depending on which installation I'm posting about.

Kevin

Seems like you're predominantly ERP 8.0 - which is what you should vote !

The guy in charge at the separate 8.10 divisions should vote 8.10

Back